I haven't been into airguns for very long but since purchasing my gun and equiptment i have loved every minute of it , but the best thing i like about owning an air rifle is being able to take it apart and figure out how everything works and how it can be improved

Since my last post on my "engineering" thread i have been researching the art of gunsmithing ......but i couldn't find anything about hands on learning or how to go about asking/applying for a hands on apprenticeship in gunsmithing

Does anyone know what colleges or uni's are offering courses/apprenticeships for this trade?...... As i haven't had any luck with finding any courses in the UK

I really want to find out more information on this trade and will be looking around the area for gunsmiths and asking them if they offer apprenticeships or just learning on the job training without having to go to college.....

If you do have any advice (good or bad) then please tell me and could any gunsmiths tell me if this is a "dying trade" (not worth getting into) or if it would be a stable job?

thanks you.....tom griffin