Thread: Geometric puzzlement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I also e mailed BKL and subsequently DayState. 51 quid for the Unitized 6 Screw 3/8" Dovetail 4" Riser then another 36 quid for single strap mounts 300s I think or 70 quid for 301 double strap.

With recoil less pcp I should think single strap would do the job. So around 86quid and job done.

BUT, as someone said, the .007" would only put one 'in the ball park' the scope would be half inch higher than it currently is at 1.75" sight line to bore centre, so the angle would change (according to chairgun) to .010"

Suddenly £86 seems like a lot of money to only get close

I still stand by my desire to be able to optically centre my scope and zero at 35 yards using the mounts in some way, but common practice dictates I should stick with shimming.......all of a sudden I feel a little 'retentive'

Incidentally, when I did centre the scope, I mounted it in the existing mounts and fired a few shots in the indoor range at petes airgun farm, the windage was bang on

Heres an idea!!! 50 quid for the one piece BKL jobbie coupled with SportsMatch adjustables for the fine zeroing. Bang on zero possible for just over a hundred quid.
    Last edited by Barry; 26-03-2007 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Just had a thought