It strikes me that these days with more and more people using bigger (longer) scopes it's about time that airgun manufacturers started making their scope rails with a built-in incline. I know that you can get inclined rails for Steyrs etc but why is this not more common on mid-range guns?

I'm not including the budget end of the market here of course. With a cheaper springer where the rails are cut into the compression cylinder it would unnecessarily add to the costs.

Scopes do perform so much better when they are near optically centred. What I'd like therefore is a precision engineered one-piece scope riser, which clamps to standard dovetails on most rifles but has another dovetail on the top surface, is machined with an incline.

If someone manufactured something like this I'm sure it would sell well. I envisage one aimed at FT, with an angle optimised for typical 12 fpe trajectory drop at 50m range and high line of scope above bore. It's at 50m (55 yds) you need the scope to be performing at its best. Also there could be one optimised for hunting/HFT with a lower sight line optimised for maybe 30m.

[Goes off to play with Chairgun and scientific calculator]