Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leupold VX111

Leupold VX111

As above 4.5-14-50 Lr 30mm Varmit ret.

Crap and not worth even £200 in my eye's never mind what they cost, don't know why everyone shouts about them.

Wish i had kept the Bushnell elite, far superior.

If bushnell got to a 30mm tube with the 6-24 and 50mm lense then they would have the perfect mid price scope.

Just my thoughts

Steve

What were the problems you had with the scope - i.e. why carp?
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

In a word, Glass Quality.

Steve
    Last edited by SCW22; 11-03-2007 at 05:16 PM.

I am surprised - whilst there are better out there my own experience with VXIII glass was pretty good - although the eye relief can be a pain.

Where did you get the scope from - I have heard that their are fakes out there that do indeed suck.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Definatley not a fake mate.

ATB Steve

Darren Petts Guest
    Why do you want a 30mm tube?

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    SCW22 I think you must of got a dud mate! I have the same scope(but with 1 inch tube) and the optics are superior to those of the Bushnell Elites!

Different eyes - different results I suppose!

Leupold - don't make me laugh.

Bushnell far superior glass.

Steve

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    You must of got a dud buddy! Have you looked through any other Leups.

Also what where you using your Leup. for?

Ive had several VX111 and now have mk4's. The vx111 were great scopes very very clear, however i have never tried a bushnell.

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    I've got both and although the 4200 just edges it on optics the VxIII is a far better scope to live with especialy the extra field of view.

Quote Originally Posted by SCW22 View Post

Crap and not worth even £200 in my eye's never mind what they cost, don't know why everyone shouts about them.

If bushnell got to a 30mm tube with the 6-24 and 50mm lense then they would have the perfect mid price scope.

Just my thoughts

Steve
    The good news is that the 6-24 x 50 30mm from Bushnell will be here is a few weeks. I have a couple on order now.

I have to agree that the 4200 beats the Leupold, any leupold I have ever used with regard to optical ability. I would say, not by a small margin either.
    The Bushnells fall fowel of a very poor field of view and the rediculous size of the old front PX models.
    The Leupold scopes were better built and were amizingly compact for what they offered. I oke Leupolds as they are reliable and have a very good "right" feel about them
    However, the newer side PX Bushnell, is both lightweight and built easily on a par with the Leupold. The field of view is still a factor that can not be ignored unless you are target shooting. Aquisision of a "live" targer in the field, especially when lamping is difficult.

I think the new 4200 that is coming out, will be the scope to beat.
    The new Nikon range is coming out imminantly and they now do a 6-24 x 50 but in one inch.

Born Again Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SCW22 View Post

Just my thoughts

Steve
    I'll give you £200 for it, if it's a genuine Leupold.

well

i have a vxIII 4.5/14x50, and i find the optics and the field of view out standing.

and before you ask why its on sale,

so i can buy a vx III 6.5/20x50 lrt.

i have had couple of bushnell's and find them well below par, i made the mistake like most people do when they were all shouting about them i went and had a couple from BoNeS,

happy to say i managed to flog them on, and i would rather shoot at it than with it. ( Bushnell's that is )

just my thoughts and findings.

bob.