Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leupold VX111

Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    The good news is that the 6-24 x 50 30mm from Bushnell will be here is a few weeks. I have a couple on order now.

I have to agree that the 4200 beats the Leupold, any leupold I have ever used with regard to optical ability. I would say, not by a small margin either.
    The Bushnells fall fowel of a very poor field of view and the rediculous size of the old front PX models.
    The Leupold scopes were better built and were amizingly compact for what they offered. I oke Leupolds as they are reliable and have a very good "right" feel about them
    However, the newer side PX Bushnell, is both lightweight and built easily on a par with the Leupold. The field of view is still a factor that can not be ignored unless you are target shooting. Aquisision of a "live" targer in the field, especially when lamping is difficult.

I think the new 4200 that is coming out, will be the scope to beat.
    The new Nikon range is coming out imminantly and they now do a 6-24 x 50 but in one inch.
    If imported from the US Bushnell are very hard to beat optically compared to price. I suppose thats why thousands of shooters use them. Very good glass for the money. Stick them next to a Tasco or a Hawk and there in a different league I got sick of buying crap.
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg

Born Again Guest
    It will take something very special to get my VXIII 6.5-20 x 50lr Varmint off my Rapid. I had a look through a Burris Black Diamond that was comparable though.

I rated the Bushnell 3200 because it's so short and light but it's not in Leupold league, I wouldn't buy another Bushnell now, there's better available cheaper from MTC.