Thread: V-Mach Cobra review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

V-Mach Cobra review

Just got my V-Mach Cobra, one of 5, mine is nr 2.
    Many of you will allready know the Cobra, but for those who don't:
    The Cobra is a Custom springer made on SPECIAL ORDER ONLY, based on the Tomahawk action. Bút it's FAR more than just a lazaglided Tommy! Lazaglided Tommy's are tuned áfter they're finished. Cobra's are taken from the productionline befóre they're finished cause they're finished BY HAND. And BOY does it show! The blueing is LIKE A MIRROR! Haven't seen anything like that before! Can see myself in it!You know those very fine machining marks visible when you inspect an action véry closely? They're NOT THERE on the Cobra! It's thát well polished!
    Further for the Cobra:
    -Cobra stock: missouri fiddleback walnut, with rollover cheekpiece and little palmrest. Very nice grain! To yr choice, chequering or not. Stock cán be made to yr specific size.You can choose standard 'walnut' of more luxurious walnut.
    - barrel length: 13/14 or 15", of course a véry accurate LW barrel(bit more accurate than the normal fitted LW barrels)
    - engraving. One engraving with 'V-Mach Cobra'is standard. You can add as much engraving as you wish though.
    - goldplated parts. Goldplated trigger is standard
    - rosewood caps, adj buttpad..
    - silencer/compensator or both. AND, one of the Cobra's nicest features; it's seamless integrated into the barrel! Almost NO seam is visible/feelable! VERY nice!
    You can also recognize a Cobra by the action. There's no 'Webley' or Cobra anywhere, no brand or modelname (except in the engraving) and many times no serial nr as well.
    The internal parts ánd finish are different to compared to my 12Ftp lazaglided Tommy: the Cobra is FAR easier to cock, it feels like a 7.5J! But it's 12Ftp!
    Trigger is also better than the one's fitted to my lazaglided Tommy's. It's lighter, crisper ánd has a very short sec stage.
    The balance is very good, as is the balance of all my Tommy's.
    There are about 10 Cobra's in total (Venom+V-Mach). They won't be made anymore. All 5 V-Mach Cobra's are sold.
    Haven't fired it yet, but I'll update this review as soon as I know more!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hwtyger; 22-03-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    ATB,
    yana

Some more pics:
    All but 2 of these pics are made by Steve during the manufacturing process.I don't have a 'complete rifle'pic yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ATB,
    yana

looks lovely...

whats the cost of something like that (i know steves work, so i know what the value is...)

Ideot Savant Guest
    Very nice. Got me a vmach hand finished longbow on its way from Steve soon, the action was pulled from production early on and will come without logo/stampings but with a custom blue and assembley. Looking at your cobra I cant wait!

Shot it for the 1st time yesterday. The one thing I noticed with the 1st shot: where's the recoil? I only noticed a slight movement through the scope, like a little breeze! Amazing! Even less recoil than my other lazaglided Tommy's! These múst be the springers closest to pcp's!(if you don't count the twin-piston or recoilless one's).There ís one danger; I got used to the non-recoil véry quickly, too quickly it became normal. Will take a LOT of getting used to when shooting my other airguns again! It also seems like it's less sensitive than my other Tommy's; allthough I didn't have my best day, it stíll gave ragged holes at 25m FT position!
    ATB,
    yana

I am surprised that sucha beautiful gun doesn't have a chequering.... skipline would be nice and should probably come as standard