Thread: OLD webley and scott mark 3

OLD webley and scott mark 3

hi all,

mi grandfather has this old air rifle .22, just seeking advice really,
    does anybody know anything at all about the webley and scott mark 3 .22, either how much it is worth?
    are they any good ?
    or even where you can get spares for this old thing?

cheers craig
    Last edited by wyatt_S200; 01-04-2008 at 08:24 PM.

mk3 webley

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt_S200 View Post
    hi all,

does anybody know anything at all about the webley and scott mark 3 .22, either how much it is worth?
    are they any good ?

cheers craig
    yes yes and yes

cheers for your reply how much are they worth ???

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    They are very well made rifles and at one time were the best air-rifle made in Britain. All steel parts and built to last, they were the equivalent of the Air Arms Prosport in the 1950s.

You can get parts from Chambers and Knibbs.

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...=24535&cat=Mk3

The value of it will depend on which particular version of Mk 3 it is and on its condition. Could be anything from £100 to £300. I take it you are talking about the underlever Webley Mk 3, and not the break-barrel Webley Hawk Mk 3, which is not so nice. If you do a search of the For Sale section you will see the sorts of prices they fetch. People often buy them for sentimental reasons, for example their old Dad might want one because he had one when he was young (or lusted after one!).

It might be a nice rifle to overhaul, they do about 9-10 ft/lbs with a standard spring and are quite accurate.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 28-03-2008 at 08:34 PM.

webley

yeah i mean i dont know that much about them but as i can see it is an underlever with a pull up tab where u put the pellet in

i dont know if this is a good or bad thing but when you pull back the underlever the spring is still very tight, feels like it is new, but obviously i was told they are 50 years old so.....?

cheers craig

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The rifle was made from the late 1940s until the early 1970s. If it has not been used very much the spring might still be OK, but I would be concerned about the lubrication situation.

I suggest you read the article on tuning a springer

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115108

You might be pleasantly suprised by how sweetly these older rifles can shoot. The other thing is these older English .22 rifles have 5.6mm bores, rather than the Continental 5.5mm bores. This means that some pellets won't work so well and it might be an idea to get some 5.6mm Air Arms to use to begin with.

Be aware that the rifle is mostly hand-fitted and is a piece of craftsmanship, not something turned out on a CNC machine. It is a classic air-rifle.

webley

yeah i mean thanks for the advice i have greased it, and put lubrication on it, i cant hear any scrapping or unusual crunching sounds, it is a lovely little gun my gramp loves it, he shoots really well with it suprisingly but thanks i just wondered how much it would be worth to a dealer or something...

much appreciated

craig

webley and scott

has anybody ever in the past had one of these and sold it at a good price and if you dont mind me asking how much are they going for, does being an old gun wack up the value or?????

craig

Hsing-ee has already given you an accurate price range. To pin it down any further will need good pictures to ascertain exact model and condition.

yh to be honest i think the condition isnt the best so i think there is no point goin to a dealer just keep it for my gramps sentimental purposes. but yeah a lovely little gun very acccurate and the power is still there.

many thanks though all you guys much appreciated

craig

Thumbs up mk3

nothing seems to be selling very well lately probably better to keep it and not upset granny i put a fwb piston seal on mine and it shot like a dream triggers are a bit harsh though .just enjoy owning it

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Craig. In top condition, imho, it would be worth around the £175 mark max. If in real dog rough condition probably no more than £40. The condition inside and out therefore will dictate the price, and without photos pin-pointing exactly where on the scale your rifle fits, it'd be hard to value exactly. But after reading this thread to this point, feel it may be nestling around the £80 barrier (prices plus post however, although if to a dealer half the figures as quoted ). Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

well this is it i mean it still knocks down and kills the target cleanly, but shooting now with my aa s200 lovin it!!

thanks now guys you have really give me good information about them, got a clear insight of them now

much appreciated

craig
    Last edited by wyatt_S200; 28-03-2008 at 09:38 PM.

web mk 111

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt_S200 View Post
    hi all,

are they any good ?

cheers craig
    Parts for these are silly money, like a screw 5 quid, loading tap 30 quid, I have one and need some parts, but the shops that sell them are on the frikking moon for cost mate. chambers and knibbs,