Thread: I have been offered this Webley Tempest is it worth £40

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!

I have been offered this Webley Tempest is it worth £40

Further to my questions on the value of a 1979 Webley Tempest, this has now been offered to me for £40, is it worth that amount. I was thinking of purchasing for the future, if this is a good price, as my next door neigbour gave me first dib's or put it onto the sales section and sell it for him. Any advice much appreciated. Have never owned an air pistol so have no clue what it's worth. But with this having all its paperwork, bits and pieces etc. It may be a decent investment .

I have supplied piccies for your perusal .

http://suprfile.com/src/1/6kykzif/100_1035.jpg

http://suprfile.com/src/1/6kyja5c/100_1032.jpg
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Deffo worth 40 quid, they normally go for around 60 quid secondhand on here sometimes 80 in the shops.

It looks in good condition as the Tempest lettering seems intact, this normally rubs off if the pistol was well used.

I would bite his fingers off at 40 quid all day long, they are a nice bit of kit and a classic...

BSA R10 .22..... Gunpower Stealth .22..... Crosman Nightstalker .177

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3161/dsc00250fq1.jpg

when you take the tempest ...be nice and return his arm

a boxed tempest with instructions is worth between £80-£100.#

very good bargain mate

BUY IT.Dont dither or the chance will be lost. Webley dont make these anymore so they can only go up in value.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Further to my questions on the value of a 1979 Webley Tempest, this has now been offered to me for £40, is it worth that amount.
    Yes

Thank's for the info lad's quick and good advice as usual . Armed with this I went next door and said I'd sold it to a guy on an Airgun Forum who'd offered £41 taking into account postage that left £35 for the pistol, he seemed quite happy with this amount and after your comments so was I .

THANKS AGAIN FELLOW BBS'ers.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

That is an absolute bargain, particularly as it appears to be a fairly early model with just the word 'Tempest' on the fore end.
    Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    That is an absolute bargain, particularly as it appears to be a fairly early model with just the word 'Tempest' on the fore end.
    Nice find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat.. View Post
    Yup - very early 78 - 81 model.....
    Bleedin ell thanks lad's NICE ONE did'nt know it was rare. Only bought it on information gleaned on here. According to the paperwork he bought it some time in 1979 so make's sense. You lad's certainly know your stuff . Even had an old blue tin of Eley wasps with it and a carboard box of Caladonian pellets also. Now it's mine I'll put them back in put it somewhere safe and forget about it.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

blimey

some peps have all the luck i paid 90 and thought i had a bargain[did have wooden beeman two tone grips though]

Ideot Savant Guest
    You lucky bugger