Thread: Can I shoot my air rifle in my garden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper22 View Post
    once again weevil see the link above and interpret the following "The offence is complete if a member of the public is injured, endangered or even just alarmed by the incident."

where i live on a large council estate (not a chav though) i and the local police would interpret this as if a next door neighbour complains they will act upon it.

as for ignoring the 50ft rule, why not ignore the lot and have 40ft/lb gun too off ticket.
    Oh do p|ss off and read the whole of the thread you idiot.

I was giving advice to the the nice gent who posted a sensible question on here, not to a bitter little man like yourself.

I think the 50ft rule has got to be taken in context. If you are shooting on your own property, even if it is within the 50 ft I don't think someone complaining to the Police would result in a prosecution. They would surely have to outline how they felt "endangered", and if you can demonstrate due diligence in how you keep pellets within your boundary a prosecution would be unlikely to succeed.

In a rural area there is also a lot less likelyhood of someone complaining as shooting is usually more a part of life. I've shot 12 bore beside a road, O.K. a road over moorland but the same conditions apply.

As long as common sense is used I can't see a problem arising. There are people who will say I run my gun at 11.999fpe because the chances of getting caught and tested are very remote. The 50 ft rule is similar. For both it only matters if you are caught, or you exercise caution and act accordingly.

ATB
    Ray.

sniper22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weevie View Post
    Oh do p|ss off and read the whole of the thread you idiot.

I was giving advice to the the nice gent who posted a sensible question on here, not to a bitter little man like yourself.
    amazing weevil - how can you know im a bitter drinker when we havent even met? come to think of it weevil, how do you know anything about me?

Acid House is offline Rivi's very own Shrek (and Coronation Street fan).

That’s ok Tony no apology needed….

Oh and thanks for the abusive PMs.
    Enlightenment is only a click away http://www.rivington-riflemen.org
    If a man talks in the woods and nobody hears him, is he still wrong?