Thread: B.S.A. Standard

B.S.A. Standard

One of my two 'collectables' is a BSA Standard Serial No CS28041. Its .22 and on a previous question I got the impression the Club Special was .177 .
    Would one of you gents with the knowledge confirm that for me ??.
    I was going to ask also if you could date it but if it is a BITSA then there would be no point. Also, and last question, promise, how do I adjust the trigger pull on this ?. There are plenty screws on the back block but I have no clue which is what .
    Apart from a hefty trigger pull it works fine and I do not want to strip it down.

It sounds like someone has put a CS trigger block on a .22 Barrel and cylinder.

For trigger adjustment you need to loosen the screw closest towards the stock on the left hand side of the trigger block, then adjust the corresponding screw on the left hand side of the trigger block (that is assuming it is a three hole trigger block) Once that left had screw is adjusted to give you a lighter trigger pull, re-tighten the screw on the right hand side of the trigger block as that is the locking screw.

One side of the trigger block(right I think) should say "lock" above the screw in question, and the other side(Left?) should have an 'H' and either an 'L' or 'S' (I am answering this from work without a rifle in front of me )

Hope you can make sense of this ?

ATB

Lakey

Thanks Lakey,
    I have the idea now on adjusting the trigger pull. As I suspected its a 'Special' Club Special but a nice piece of kit nevertheless and if I can get the trigger a bit better I am sure it will shoot well - cartainly better than the nut on the wooden end .