Thread: Webley pistols and another question?

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...

Question Webley pistols and another question?

I wondered how the webley pistols work as i have no idea what so ever

Does anyone have pictures from when they have fixed one or just taken one apart? (I WANT ONE )

And which of todays pistol do you think would be the next collectors item?
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

I would say that IMHO my list of current/recently dead pistols to buy as keepers would be

Cometa Indian Pistol - Querky interesting design combined with "smallish"(I would guess) sales. If you could afford it get one in nickel, and one black one.

Webley Nemisis - As webley are no more so this pistol can only go up in price.

Webley Hurricane and Tempest - Get them whilst there are still great condition (relatively little used) ones about.

BSA 240 Magnum - If you are lucky enough to be able to find a good one hang onto it for dear life.

HW 40 and HW45 - Top quality - get one and keep it mint with all accessories

Anybody else got any idea's

Cheers lakey

I will google the "Cometa Indian Pistol" one as i havent heard of it before

I have just googled the Cometa Indian Pistol and i think it looks a tad $h!te, i think i prefer the look of the webley's, especially the over barrel

Its my birthday soon

Quote Originally Posted by tomgriffin View Post
    I have just googled the Cometa Indian Pistol and i think it looks a tad $h!te, i think i prefer the look of the webley's, especially the over barrel

Its my birthday soon
    Tom,

THe Cogswell and Harrison 'Certus' Pistol looked a tad $h!te too.

However they now change hands for over 2 grand a piece !!!!

You didn't say it had to look good, you asked for peoples opinions on the pistols of today as collectors of tomorrow. I have given you my opinion

The Cometa Indian is a sure fire winner - for the very reason you have suggested. In twenty or thirty years time there won't be too many around. When there isn't too many of something around (Like the Certus) the price goes up ????? Simple really.

What you should have said was " What pistols do I think are pretty cool will make collectors of the future" ?

Then I would have said " Haven't got the faintest Idea mate !

Good luck in your collecting quest

Lakey

LOL, Thats true, you did answer my question ....... i didnt mean to offend you

I was just stating what i thought of the cometa indian pistols looks , but i suppose if i bought one, it would just be left in its box as i would be scared to scratch, chip or dent it and i would want to keep it in original condition (straight from factory)

2 grand is a lot of money

Can i ask why you think there wont be many cometa indian pistols around in 20-30 years time say compared to the webley's you mentioned?

cheers for your reply again lakey

Can i ask why you think there wont be many cometa indian pistols around in 20-30 years time say compared to the webley's you mentioned?

(1)NOt many dealers selling the pistols

(2) Cometa is not as popular as well known brands like... webley, BSA, Weihrauch, Logun, Daystate etc

(3) Querky action of the gun making it awkward to load.

(4) Not a good looking gun compared with HW45 for instance.

(5) You hadn't heard of it ???

(6) Much smaller numbers manufactured (I would assume) compared to the bigger brands

(7) Possibly going to be a short lived model if sales are no good (remains to be seen - my crystal ball is a bit fogged up at the moment )

When you take all that into account, the Cometa Indian has the makings of a good "investment" and I love querky ugly wierd airguns

Lakey

(1)NOt many dealers selling the pistols

Thats true, i have only found a handful of "online" companies selling them

(2) Cometa is not as popular as well known brands like... webley, BSA, Weihrauch, Logun, Daystate etc

Thats also true

(3) Querky action of the gun making it awkward to load.

Really? i havent seen the action of it

(4) Not a good looking gun compared with HW45 for instance.

Damn straight Looks butt ugly

(5) You hadn't heard of it ???

I havent heard of a lot of things..LOL, still dont know what eggnog is

(6) Much smaller numbers manufactured (I would assume) compared to the bigger brands

Is that why less companies are selling them?

(7) Possibly going to be a short lived model if sales are no good (remains to be seen - my crystal ball is a bit fogged up at the moment )

Your crystal ball seems to be clearer than mine Mind you if i buy these and in 20 - 30 years and they are worth bu99er all i know who to blame

When you take all that into account, the Cometa Indian has the makings of a good "investment" and I love querky ugly wierd airguns

From the only picture i saw (very blurred) it looked pretty crappy, but since i have looked at a better quality picture it looks like the webleys in the fact that the barrel is "floating"

Lakey

Cheers again Lakey.....