Thread: Milbro Diana Model 27 .22

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Needs a reblue though in good working order. If you want pics no problem. I'd be happy with £50 posted
    Hi, Don't know how flexible you are but I recently bought the following Jelly (LP25) for the price shown, and as these two new were of comparable price and popularity at that time, wondered if you would consider selling for the same? If so could you send me a couple of photos please to charlie-woolven@fsmail.net Thanks for your time and thoughts either way would be appreciated . ATB: Gareth W-B.

Quote Originally Posted by peter65 View Post
    I have a Relum "Jelly" in .22 for sale is in good condition with the metal medallion still on the stock, looking for £35 inc postage ITEM NOW SOLD TO GARETH W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Jon. Sorry, but the photos sent via e-mail just came through as a non-stop scrambled string of binary and alphabetical codes spread over six pages . Regarding your other e-mail however, I appreciate your stand point, and thanks for being honest enough to say the gun in question needs a complete re-blue, but as a dip in a blue tank via the most competative of gunsmiths costs £45 (have had two done recently, so know I am spot-on here), even if you did let it go for £35 posted, this would bring the total cost of it up to £80, and as you have indicated that you actually want more than £35 inc. post -- coupled with the fact that even the superior Milbro Diana G46 Target in vgc only achieves around £75 -- am affraid I will have to let yours go. But not before thanking you for your considered replies and time, and I wish you the best of luck with your aligned sale . ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

HI Jon, photos have come through fine the second time (thank you), and as I do enjoy renovating rifles, if the price you just offered me it for posted includes parcel post insurance (to cover up to £100 will cost one extra £1, but you have to ask for this when the parcel is being weighed and they will issue you with a small certificate with a code number on it), okay then lets do it . P-M me your addy and I'll get my cheque off to you this afternoon. ATB: Gareth W-B.

Hi John, the Milbro Diana Mod.27 arrived today and I am very pleased with it . Stock is in great shape considering it's age (according to its serial number it was manufactured 1960/61), so will leave well alone as these things can be over renovated (which imho can loose them their integrity). It also shoots quite crisply with a nice lock time for an oldun', and will probably go for a full metal re-blue in a few months time when I have the readies (notwithstanding windfalls, am currently putting all our spare pennies to one side for baby number three who is due in August ). To be fair here however, after a quick light working over with some fine wire wool and a drop of 20/50W engine oil, it has come up rather well with easily readable etchings etc, so I may even leave well alone? Anyway, once again thanks for a great deal and a smooth transaction , I am very pleased indeed. ATB: Gareth W-B.