Thread: Hawke SR 6-18 x 44

shane-s410 Guest

Hawke SR 6-18 x 44

Hello,
    Just recently purchased an: Hawke Airmax SR12 6-18 x 44 of a very kind gentlemen of this site and I have to say what a fantastic scope it is indeed! Recently had a simmons cross hair and was finding trouble with ranges, distances etc:
    I can hit targets with ease from 15yrds to 50yards and when the wind is suttle I can hit the 60yrd mark now using the optics and distance markers on the scope!
    Would deffinatly recommend this scope to anyone who is having trouble with the range of their quarry/targets!
    Thanks
    Shane

Does the ret on this scope work like the MAP ret on previous Hawke tellys ?????
    Making waves since 1971.

shane-s410 Guest
    Sorry mate I dont understand, Could you explain with a little more detail please!
    Cheers
    Shane

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    I use the SR6 and the SR6 nighteye and both scopes are just amazing, if you take the time to set them up they are spot on and fantastic to use. I use mine for hunting and HFT and it makes things much more easy...i think anyway.

A great scope .

Laity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Sorry mate I dont understand, Could you explain with a little more detail please!
    It's ok , I got off my ass and did my homework...

Seems the SR works just like the MAP once set up correctly but with the added bonus of a range finding bracket....
    Seems too good to be true A telly that does the math for you...
    Making waves since 1971.

Thumbs up nice scopes

Top scopes owned 2 SR6's and 2 SR 12's, both superb the niteeye versions are particular good and the reticles can reduce to very low illumination and dont blur like some other big name scopes Ive tried

The ladder reticles are superb and much better than the Map range (had them too), and the BRC software on free download really lets you tweak the scope to your gun (although pellet weight would be a nice addtion). I must admit though I dont think too much to the quarry range element, particulary difficult for rabbits (if not full grown, head on shots etc), but good for pigeons,depends on what you shoot I suppose.

Trying a SR12 44 mil,with my Cobra Merlin attachment, seems to have great light gathering abilites for NV also, but not tried it as much as I would like just yet so Ill reserve full judgement until then.

Very nice scopes

ATB

Scott
    Rapid12 Mk1 .22 Custom RT GC SR12 6-24x50IR Cz452 .17hmr Sil, Lightstream 5-20x50 cir, Beretta 686 silver pigeon1 12g, Tikka X3 GRS .223 - Yukon Sightline. Sauer 404 XT Syncro .308 - Zeiss V8

got sr12 on my s410 top scope well worth the money .

Quote Originally Posted by shane-s410 View Post
    Hello,
    Just recently purchased an: Hawke Airmax SR12 6-18 x 44 of a very kind gentlemen of this site and I have to say what a fantastic scope it is indeed! Recently had a simmons cross hair and was finding trouble with ranges, distances etc:
    I can hit targets with ease from 15yrds to 50yards and when the wind is suttle I can hit the 60yrd mark now using the optics and distance markers on the scope!
    Would deffinatly recommend this scope to anyone who is having trouble with the range of their quarry/targets!
    Thanks
    Shane
    how much were they

Quote Originally Posted by s410bill View Post
    got sr12 on my s410 top scope well worth the money .
    Bill, glad you are getting with this one, it was a bargain.

Sr12

I've just put one of these on my S410 and it is simply fantastic I was setting up targets at 30, 40 and 50 yards and getting excellent groupings at that range and even hitting 1 inch targets at 70 yards which was impossible with my old 4x30. Gotta say I love my new scope! Highly recommended if you are having trouble with range estimation.

-Paul.

jimbrad Guest

Nice scope for the money,optically and mechanically.

I was pleased with its performance on my S410.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune