Thread: viper 10x44

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have compared the optical quality against a bushnell and nikko sniper and it is as good without doubt.
    "Nearly gone but never forgotten!"

Have just purchased mine at the barigain price of £149 from BAR, I had a look through Mr Blackjackblues yesterday, even though I own six scopes already I just had to get one.

I have one of these on a high powered centrefire, no problems at all, as for this poor coating complaints what are you using to turn the turrets, mole grips

The oldest Viper I have has been abused and fitted on harsh recoiling rifles and FAC springers it has been on several guns plus others before I got it to test to destruction, the finish is still as it was when it was new, apart from obvious ring marks which can be sorted in about five minutes with Halfords best matt black, the turrets are fine apart from a couple of tiny chips off the top edge which happens on all target turrets without covers apart maybe from the anodised type, BUT they can be touched up in a nano second, buy a black permanent marker

This spec scope with these optics would have been unbelievable for anywhere near the price even a mere year ago yet people still moan, aint life fun

I also find the ret perfect from 12ftlb to 4000ftlb rifles

Baz
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post

I also find the ret perfect from 12ftlb to 4000ftlb rifles

Baz
    Baz, it's best to run your guns in the mid-11 ft lbs - 12 is a bit hot really and 4000 might be pushing things a little over the top - you wouldn't want to get your wrists slapped by the local bobby, would you. You have been warned!!

Already got a 3-12 Viper on my MFR that I absolutely love and have just this evening ordered a 10x44 to go on top of my S400.

Ginb stock arriving this week too...ooooh I think I might just sh|t myself with excitement!

Quote Originally Posted by Davey K View Post
    Baz, it's best to run your guns in the mid-11 ft lbs - 12 is a bit hot really and 4000 might be pushing things a little over the top - you wouldn't want to get your wrists slapped by the local bobby, would you. You have been warned!!
    Hehehe the thought of what my airgun must look like hovering around the 4000ftlb mark
    Baz

I have noticed that some gunbag zips snag on these large turrets which may well be why theres been mention of paint chipping
    Baz

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    I have noticed that some gunbag zips snag on these large turrets which may well be why theres been mention of paint chipping
    They also take up alot of space in the cabinet.

Could anyone enlighten me please......need a flip cover for 3-12x44 Viper - objective lens.......anyone know what number butler creek fits, lol, to be honest i am no good with numbers, words yep but numbers i cant do..really appreciated for help.
    Plus cracking scope for the £'s

Gary C Guest
    if you want another metal cover drop us a line

I bought the 3-12x44 Viper over a month back, but have been too busy to finish my own rifle and get it mounted and zeroed.

That time finally came this weekend.
    Mounted on .223rem and zeroed at 200 yards, crystal clear optics, easily spotting bullet holes on paper, very nice indeed.

I took that combo out last night lamping on its maiden voyage and it accounted for 3 foxes, can't say fairer than that.

Another happy customer, thanks.

scope weight?

what do the 10x44 and the 3-12x44 weight? anyone know..?

db