Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: viper 10x44

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex

Thumbs up

Mine arrived today, immediately very impressed by whole kit, optics are the best I've seen. Bought through Nickpan on here (very helpfull chap). Others are better experienced to give a comparison with other scopes, but to my mind they are terrific value for money, can't wait to get it mounted and zeroed
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Quote Originally Posted by Raygun View Post
    Zeroed at the club tonight.
    Windage two clicks out Elevation half a turn (6 thou shim under rear mount)

Reset turret scales to zero and locked off.
    I'm just about to mount the scope on my Air Ranger (if the supplied mounts fit) Does anyone know the amount of shimming I'm likely to need? I ask as I have no way of zeroing at home and don't want to have to mess around with mounts and film neg: in "the field". Raygun mentions 6 thou, on his gun. any idea how many pieces of film neg: that would be?
    ATB
    Truttemer Tir Club

I got mine yesterday, and it only needed one complete turn on the windage (right/left turret), and two clicks on the elevation turret (at 30 yards). No shimming necessary, and I used the supplied mounts, on my MK3.
    Noli illigitimi carborundum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
    I got mine yesterday, and it only needed one complete turn on the windage (right/left turret), and two clicks on the elevation turret (at 30 yards). No shimming necessary, and I used the supplied mounts, on my MK3.
    Thanks Gepetto
    Truttemer Tir Club

Just mounted mine to my HW97 using Hawke medium mounts. Went straight to Pete`s Airgun farm to do some zeroing. It didn`t take long to get it zeroed at 35yds , from then on ,the rest of my aim points aren`t that different to my Bushnell 3200 10x40.
    At first I was a bit disappointed that the focus wasn`t as broad as had been mentioned before ie: clear at 35, hazy at 15 and 45. This was sitting in the barn at Pete`s shooting paper to get aim points. But once I went outside and shot HFT targets the clarity , (with the paralax set at 25yds) is superb at 45yds and down to 15yds. The marks on the paralax adjuster seem to be pretty well spot on for ranges.

I would definately recommend the 10x44 Viper for HFT.

Andy Y
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

Mine was a bit low on the first shot at 15 yards so I put 2 pieces of negative under the rear mount. A few clicks left and it was zeroed. The ret seems to be perfect for airguns because the first cross down was 45 yards.

Blinking good scopes - can't get any better. Im a pants shot but I like decent kit and I think that as I now own three MTC's after owning Nikko's, Leupolds and a few others - they have got to be the best scope on the market for the money. And - if nothing else - the aftersales is better than any I have experienced before. If only I could get my staff at work to be soo helpful!
    "Nearly gone but never forgotten!"

viper

removed due to objection
    Last edited by davebelton; 30-04-2007 at 03:00 PM.

tintin Guest
    Just got mine. I'd like to thank nickpan for going out of his way to make sure it arrived in time for the club shoot at Quarry.
    Exceptionally bright optics. The half mil lay off points helped me get my best score at the club using an AA in .22 (still a lot to learn - reckon I should be called 'barndoor').

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by davebelton View Post
    can get viper scopes at good price pm me if interested
    Unfortunately Dave - as you are not one of our dealers any scope you sell will not be supported under warranty

viper

hi Gary is nickpan one of your dealers ? I buy from one of your dealers legitimately with vat invoice as i have an account and warranty is supported by them unless you can advise otherwise not looking to undermine you just promote and sell atb Dave

Gary C Guest
    Hi Dave

Nick is one of our dealers, in Brighton IIRC.

Anybody buying from a dealer gets a 5 year warranty. Anybody else gets a transferred warranty of 1 year.

To be honest Dave I'm a little uncomfortable with you touting these at reduced prices on an airgun forum. It's not a sales channel we will support.

viper

fair comment if thats the way you feel wont sell any from here by the way what do you consider reduced price as i have not stated one i believe they are £180 rrp ish and you are selling directly at £149 i am looking at the same as your figure ! whats nickpan selling for ?

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by davebelton View Post
    fair comment if thats the way you feel wont sell any from here by the way what do you consider reduced price as i have not stated one i believe they are £180 rrp ish and you are selling directly at £149 i am looking at the same as your figure ! whats nickpan selling for ?
    I'm not sure Dave - I have more to do than spy on our retailers. The only time I get concerned is when it's brought to my attention. Your post on here touting for business has done just that, you don't have a premises, you don't have an account with us, therefore we will not give any of your customers the same support as one of our retailers that have overheads to pay.

viper

as you can see post is already removed I am not touting for business i have my own business just trying to help a few people save a few quid by absorbing some of the costs through me i do this for the guys at lee valley have had no objections from any suppliers so far atb dave
    Last edited by davebelton; 30-04-2007 at 03:26 PM.