Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: viper 10x44

Tried my 10 x 44 Viper this Sunday at Tawd.

Brighter than any other scope I have used for HFT(Bushnel 10 x 40 and Leup EFR) I did have a little trouble with my aimpoints but have always used crosshairs and hold over/under. I now have to try different zeroing distances and sort my aimpoints and PA setting out.

Didn't have any problems seeing any of Tawds black on blacks which has to say a lot for the scope.
    Overall very pleased with the scope and looking forward to playing/fine tuning the settings.

ATB
    Ray.

Courier permitting, I should have mine tomorrow and it'll go straight on my X2-R. Will be in the 'tunnel' on Wednesday to get it zeroed ready for the Bunny Bash on Sunday.

Jonathan

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Used mine in club comp: yesterday,and any misses were not down to the scope
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles C View Post
    Used mine in club comp: yesterday,and any misses were not down to the scope
    Good man!
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Got mine yesterday - super fast courier service even got it over the solent and to my door in about 20 hours-ish - looks great, possibly even brighter than my 3-12 viper - and that's bright! My 97K gets back from V-mach on Wednesday and the two will be mated as soon as all the packaging is off - it will be air gun love Many thanks Gary and Sammie - a great scope from top notch folk

got a viper this week lovley scopes very clear

Gnome of the Woods Guest
    I am planning to fit these to both of my rifles, one of which is a TX200SR. Does anybody have any doubts that it can handle the scope killer?

Thanks,
    Paul

used my new one today on my 97k and it was blinking handsome!
    "Nearly gone but never forgotten!"

Thumbs down

was thinking of getting one of these but saw one today at the club a couple of us thought the same way that the finish is very poor especially on the turrets where it seems to come off too easily and then the scope looks old already and this scope was just out on its first trip so i was less than impressed !! i know this will not suit but just giving my opinion .

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgey View Post
    was thinking of getting one of these but saw one today at the club a couple of us thought the same way that the finish is very poor especially on the turrets where it seems to come off too easily and then the scope looks old already and this scope was just out on its first trip so i was less than impressed !! i know this will not suit but just giving my opinion .

And what is your opinion on the optical quality m8 ,

Don ....
    Last edited by BEESA; 06-05-2007 at 06:50 PM.

optical quality looked good its just the standard of finish that seems lacking but that,s just my opinion i just like things that i own to look right but that,s just me mate atvb dave

I have compared the optical quality against a bushnell and nikko sniper and it is as good without doubt.
    "Nearly gone but never forgotten!"

Have just purchased mine at the barigain price of £149 from BAR, I had a look through Mr Blackjackblues yesterday, even though I own six scopes already I just had to get one.

CHUNK. is offline Backdoor sausage enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgey View Post
    Anyone else had experience of this? Was planning on getting one, but if the finish is not as good as the merlin then i might just get another Merlin as i know how good they are.
    Cheers.

Hi
    yes I got 2 MTC vipers one 2 months old, the other just a week or so. Both are showing signs of black coating flaking off, not good Optics very good, I also think the reticle is very good, that's an opinion not shared by all.

If the finish was sorted out, a good scope would become an excellent one.
    Last edited by Pepperdog; 07-05-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20