Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: viper 10x44

CHUNK. is offline Backdoor sausage enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperdog View Post
    Hi
    yes I got 2 MTC vipers one 2 months old, the other just a week or so. Both are showing signs of black coating flaking off, not good Optics very good, I also think the reticle is very good, that's an opinion not shared by all.

If the finish was sorted out, a good scope would become an excellent one.
    Cheers Bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperdog View Post
    Hi
    yes I got 2 MTC vipers one 2 months old, the other just a week or so. Both are showing signs of black coating flaking off, not good Optics very good, I also think the reticle is very good, that's an opinion not shared by all.

If the finish was sorted out, a good scope would become an excellent one.

Hi Pepperdog

This is the first I've heard about problems with the coating on the Viper's, so if you or anyone else has a problem with the coating or anything else on their scope, please let us know so that we can put it right.

If we are not informed that there is a problem in the first place, then how can we put it right?.

So please, if you have a problem, don't just sit on it, give me a call

Sammie

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Thats the way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    Hi Pepperdog

This is the first I've heard about problems with the coating on the Viper's, so if you or anyone else has a problem with the coating or anything else on their scope, please let us know so that we can put it right.

If we are not informed that there is a problem in the first place, then how can we put it right?.

Sammie
    Its that attitude that's made me want to buy a Vipir, oh the reticule too, the freebies in the box and the fact that its a corking bit of kit!!!

Can't wait to get it now!!!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Gary C Guest
    Hi Pepperdog

Sammie
    and if you do sit on it, and the coatings coming off, you'll get all flakey bits in your little bot-bot. Then where would you be?

Hi Pepperdog

Sammie
    Hi Sammie
    only slight signs of coating coming off around the turrets, at present just an observation not a problem yet. A few other people at the club have noticed a similar problem with theirs, mainly around turrets. At this stage I did not consider it worth making a warranty claim, as I would be without scope for a while.
    A point worth noting however, some perspective buyers at the club have been put off by this.

Apart from this minor problem, its still a good scope great optics, great reticle, Also great value with all the extras.

Regards Martin
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

Peperdog

Thanks for the information.....i also have been put off because of that, because from the looks of things you are not the only one with this problem and the scope is new.....what happens after a year or two.
    I if i was you i would send it in and get it replaced now.

Thumbs down

been put off by this if i buy new i expect it to stay new for at least a while!! ps pepperdog u have pm!!!

Even if this does prove to be a problem on some of the scopes, no-one needs to worry. I'm sure MTC will take care of it, they really do know a lot about customer service. I wouldn't be put off buying a scope because of this - you'll be missing out on a fabulous scope with lots of extras at a great price - it's under warranty once you buy it

Quote Originally Posted by rapidpaulus View Post
    brought one of these today,bloody nice optics.. first impressions are that this scope is built really well(just like the others in the range)now i got this scope for hft useage,and now on my rifle,i have set the parralax to 25 yrds and you can see right down to 5 yrds and all the way out to at least 50 yrds on this setting,it is really crisp .i reckon they are going to sell fast...
    I didn't think it was possible for a 10X44 to focus from 5 to 50 yards when set at 25.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    I didn't think it was possible for a 10X44 to focus from 5 to 50 yards when set at 25.

Gus
    well what can i say,they do..or at least my one does.

"THE OAKS"( mile oak shooting club)
    www.mileoakshootingclub.co.uk
    www.airgunadvice.net

viper

hi all fitted viper to my rifle very impressed clear as a bell good reticule only problem i have come across is mounts wont tighten but i believe replacements are coming ?

Quote Originally Posted by rapidpaulus View Post
    well what can i say,they do..or at least my one does.
    my boy's one does as well althoug i think the finish on the scopes is a bit thin in places it wont take much to mark them
    apart from that small problem they are well worth the money hats of to sammie and gary

Finish??? you're looking through Leup quality optics for Hawke money, who gives a about the finish...
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

viper

agreed !

i do !!!