Thread: What colour should a cylinder be painted?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was just advised to mark the cylinder with "surface use only" which I still haven't done yet as my 7L 300bar tank still hasn't run out yet after 6 months of charging my HW100.
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

Mines turqiose with a green shoulder had it bout 6 months. had it recharged twice with no complaints

had mine over a year now - charged it once when i got it - tis still going strong
    saying that i havent used my gun at all over the winter!

may have to have a play tonight!

surface use only is a good idea - means you have a 5 year test rather than 3 i believe. + i dont think the test is as rigorous.
    regards amsniper
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, he who does not ask, is a fool forever.

eyeballs Guest
    Webley tanks are green top , i think this guy was being picky as he runs a dive training setup ,i have to try another ..i have another small 3litres from midland diving which has black and white quadrants ,so there seems to be a mixed bag around.

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!

I wouldn't advise

on re-painting your cylinders.

If they have a few knocks and scrapes, leave them for them to see when filling.

I have been told that some of the older cylinders have a special coating on them and they like to know they haven't been painted over. I think it is zink or something.

It is for strength I believe.
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical