Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Received this today did a swap for another scope. It came as new in its original box. First impressions I thought it was a very well made and a good looking little scope. Mounted it on my S400 .22 Carbine it looks really good. Zeroed it to 25yds. Wow the optics on this little scope are fantastic great crystal clear field of view with a sharp duplex reticule. Easily zeroed with between 10-15 shots pellet on pellet at 25yds. A highly recommended short distance hunting scope.

i had one of these a couple of years back and was surprised how big the field of view was for a small scope

I have this scope on my Skan and it is truly exceptional. I can why Mike recommends them. Glad I bought it.

Good luck with the sale

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Exclamation

Best hunting scope Ive ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Best hunting scope Ive ever had!
    Agreed.
    Massive field of view, little focusing problems, great optics.
    Theoben Evo carbine .20
    RWS Mod 225 .177

i have just ordered the 6.5-20x50 after looking through a 1.5-5x20 at a gamefair, quite incredible really

Just took delivery of one today and was out with it this evening - astonishing bit of glass! A piece of minimalist dog's ********, cannot recommend it enough.

Thumbs up

Having owned one I agree with everything written except for the low mag which was the reason I sold mine! For those shooters who go ratting regularly I suppose it has to be the best scope around.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Talking

Have used one on my SKAN Ultra for a few years now, would not hunt with any other scope - perfect picture, no need to dial in and the diamond style reticule gives you a very precise set of aim points.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Smith100 View Post
    Have used one on my SKAN Ultra for a few years now, would not hunt with any other scope - perfect picture, no need to dial in and the diamond style reticule gives you a very precise set of aim points.

I agree with that-the diamond reticle is really good and I am surprised that not more scopes use it. However the standard 1.5-5x20 has a 30:30 ret-I think the diamond mag was intended for use on shotguns or so a dealer told me.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I use it solely for rat shooting on my lightning xl compared to my previous hawke its so much better optically. Ive gradually been getting accustomed to the set up, worked really well last Thursday 16 confirmed rat kills at my local permission my best yet. Would like to get my hands on a older simmons pro air just got to keep my eye out for one.
    AA TX200 Mk III 0.177 JSR 3-9x40PA
    AA TX200HC 0.22 Richter Optik 3-9x50E
    BSA Lightning Xl 0.22 Simmons WTC 1.5-5 x 20WA
    Webley Hurricane 0.22

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Having owned one I agree with everything written except for the low mag which was the reason I sold mine! For those shooters who go ratting regularly I suppose it has to be the best scope around.
    your right nick mate great little scope for ratting this is

Yes excellent little scope, and looks just right on a Lee Enfield MK 4 if you have a mind to scope one up.

are they any good in low light, just that i do all my ratting as it gets dark so was thinking of getting a 50mm objective

Quote Originally Posted by hellier0437 View Post
    are they any good in low light, just that i do all my ratting as it gets dark so was thinking of getting a 50mm objective
    great little scope m8 the logun lamps are perfect on them for ratting
    add that to a little rifle and you got yourself a great little ratting rig