Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Quote Originally Posted by jamie g View Post
    great little scope m8 the logun lamps are perfect on them for ratting
    add that to a little rifle and you got yourself a great little ratting rig
    I can only add to jamie's recommendation. I've got the BSA light and laser combo attached to the left side of the WTC scope on the XL Tactical. It's a very lightweight, functional set-up, and the wee scope is just a top-notch bit of glass for the money.

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    Had a SFS tuned Webley(British made version) Exocet XS with one of these little scopes on top,cracking good hunting combo it was,took loads of pigeon's and magpies with it,I had better rifles in the cabinet at the time but this combo was nearly allways the first one I reached for!

Excellent scope - have one on my S200.

Another little gem of a scope is the Tasco 4X20,i aquired one in a deal,and they are optically very similar to the WTC - they do turn up on evilbay from time to time.

wtc 1.5-5x20

ive just bought one myself and must admit its a great little scope light and amazing depth of feild for such a small scope very clear optics brilliant hunting scope no messing stright forward great thing graham
    NEVER RUSH,YOU ONLY GET 2 THINGS IN LIFE FROM RUSHING, HEART ATTACKS,AND BABIES.[/B]

Great little scope and sound out to 40 yds day and night. The 5 mag setting is more than capable of longer ranges, take it down to between two and three and shoot more or less at your feet. On 1.5 the silencer or barrel end can be a little off putting in the sight picture but you get used to it. A big thumbs up from me.....

Just got my one of these little scopes, and what a scope for £79, good glass, good weight, good size and good price. After all it is a WTC ! its going to be good
    The best things come to those who wait !

I looked through one of these scopes a couple of months ago and yes, they're great. Surprisingly good in fact.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    I had one of these scopes and they are very good, not sure I should have sold it!
    yes thanks for that chap
    Founder Member of The Umarex Boys Club

i have just put one on my lighthunter
    The best things come to those who wait !

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie g View Post
    great little scope m8 the logun lamps are perfect on them for ratting
    add that to a little rifle and you got yourself a great little ratting rig
    Agreed! Got one of these scopes on my FN12, good build, cracking optics and nice and compact. I just fitted a Deben Stinger lamp to it too which is light enough to leave attached all the time and is completely self contained so no wires everywhere!
    The perfect rat/feral combo. Well, maybe multishot would make it even gooderer...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Tc 1.5x20

Hi,
    have been reading this thread with great interest as I am considering whether or not to fit one to my fenman - primarily for ratting.

I am new to this game so am hoping someone can help me out with some further advice?

This scope is fixed focus? set at 50 yards, with no PA how do you get on with short range focus say 10-20 yards?

I was/am considering getting the Hawke Airmax MAP6 2-7X32AO what do you think? A better all rounder?

Cheers

Gerti6car

Quote Originally Posted by gertie6car View Post
    Hi,
    have been reading this thread with great interest as I am considering whether or not to fit one to my fenman - primarily for ratting.

I am new to this game so am hoping someone can help me out with some further advice?

This scope is fixed focus? set at 50 yards, with no PA how do you get on with short range focus say 10-20 yards?

I was/am considering getting the Hawke Airmax MAP6 2-7X32AO what do you think? A better all rounder?

Cheers

Gerti6car
    The scope will easily focus down to ten to five yards on low maginification. Seriously, get the Simmons scope. You might also consider the MTC Optics Mamba equivalent which is very good too according to a few reviews on this bbs.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Best hunting scope Ive ever had!
    I agree. I have 3 of these and I find they are the best scope for ratting by far.

Previously, Sunny Wigan-on-Sea, Lancs, now Canada
    I agree, I've used one for years. If the max range is sub 15 yds, a decent simple reflex red dot is even better (especially for slow movers).
    Best regards (and a Happy New Year to all our readers)
    Jim.

Previously, Sunny Wigan-on-Sea, Lancs, now Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    The scope will easily focus down to ten to five yards on low maginification. Seriously, get the Simmons scope. You might also consider the MTC Optics Mamba equivalent which is very good too according to a few reviews on this bbs.
    On 1.5 mag it'll focus on your own feet and the moon as well. How's that for versatility?
    BR's Jim.