Thread: Filarms Manufacturing

Filarms Manufacturing

Guys,

Anyone heard of FILARMS? - guns look a little crude but the stocks look ok?

http://filarms.blogspot.com/

anyone a owner of said guns?

Coz
    Rapid MKII .177 FAC / Bushnell Legend 5-15 x 40 on Dr Bob rail
    24" LW Polygon Barrel + HW LDC
    Custom Alu. Chip Smith Stock with AR15 adj. buttsock + QF

Search the Yellow Forum mate, there's lots of info there. They júst got a US importer IIRC, and they're waiting for their first shipment.From what I've heard, the accuracy is pretty good and they look good too. It ís CO2 though, because of the filippine laws (all export guns are banned, so home-made only, pcp is too difficult/expensive there, hence CO2).
    ATB,
    yana

Filarms Guest

We're PCP....

Our airguns are designed as PCP's from the ground up, no regulators. There are links on the left side of our site to get specs. Shot string here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke0JNT9AuaI

We have one going to France. I would like to ship to European countries regularly at some point, but we haven't gotten to that stage yet. We also haven't gotten around to tuning them for 12fpe.

Regards,

Chris
    Filarms

Quote Originally Posted by Filarms View Post
    Our airguns are designed as PCP's from the ground up, no regulators.
    Regards,

Chris
    Filarms
    so I assume that they are not CO2 guns? as stated by hwtyger

from what I see there are two models the caiman and the tornado - any ideas on what the RRP would be in Europe for these models?

where do you expect to place them amongst the european guns?

Costas
    Rapid MKII .177 FAC / Bushnell Legend 5-15 x 40 on Dr Bob rail
    24" LW Polygon Barrel + HW LDC
    Custom Alu. Chip Smith Stock with AR15 adj. buttsock + QF

Filarms Guest

more info...

Costas,

No, we are NOT co2, they are all PCP air rifles as I've stated.

My experience with european airguns are limited to Theoben Rapid's, FX, Daystate, AA, and BSA, but I'm a big fan of all of them.

It would be hard to compare the swing breech/hammer type action on the Caiman to any of them since the loading and firing mechanism is unique, but the Tornado is a bolt action like the Rapids and some FX's. I believe we are a bit more air efficient than AA's 400 series, and maybe even more so than the Rapids. With our optional oversized 400cc bottle, what we call the "bigboy tank", which is similar in size to the Rapid's large bottle, we can get over 180 shots in .177 at 21fpe or 80+ shots in .22 at 32fpe. You can just imagine how incredibly tiring it is to test each gun, hehe.

As far as accuracy, I know we can stand neck and neck with all of them. I've personally witnessed 1/2" or less groups at 50 meters, some as far as 60 and even 70 meters. That is with our standard steel sleeved brass barrels using our local 18gr pellets. Some have opted for upgraded steel barrels from HW or Lothar Walther, and when used with JSB's are quite accurate as well. We are not power mad like the koreans, and spend quite a bit more time on quality control, unlike the chinese. We put a lot of stock in an efficient, well tuned, and accurate airgun and that is what we like to deliver. Each rifle is hand assembled with CNC turned parts, and individually test fired and tuned. There is no other airgun made in the Philippines that is as air efficient and consistent as ours.

Ok, enough chest beating, hehe.

As for european pricing, I really have no idea as I haven't even started researching your tarriffs and other fees. The one Caiman we have going to france was a special order and was sold at US prices. Our pricing in the US is USD550 for either gun in a base model that comes with the moderator and your choice in stock styles(thumbhole, sporter, silhouette). We offer options ranging from the Bigboy Tank ($60) to Shrouds ($60 aluminum/$125 carbon fiber) and Gauges ($30).

I hope I've covered everything, you are free to email me at chris@filarms.com if you have any more questions. I hope I'm not making anybody upset by "advertising" on your forum.

Regards,

Chris