How brilliant is this section?

It's my first port of call these days and is fast becoming one of the most dynamic airgun collectors' forums anywhere on the net. In fact I don't know of any other with the level of thread/post turnover that we have here.

In the few months collectables has been up and running my knowledge of certain types of vintage guns -- especially BSA and Webley -- has been massively increased due to contributions by the amazingly erudite collectors here.

Creating the section has also brought great collectors 'out of the woodwork' so to speak, to share their knowledge with us. Lakey springs to mind as a long term collector who has only now joined the BBS but there are others. It's also given established collectors a 'club' of their own to ramble on about obscure things without fear of boring the general BBS readership or be accused of being nerdy. (You know who you are Ian. )

I get the feeling it's also helped inspire new collectors, which can only be a good thing for the hobby. Anyone thinking of starting a collection has a superb resource at their disposal.

Anyway, this thread is really a big thank you to the mods (Baz in particular) for listening to pleas to create a collector's corner and to everyone who has so far helped to make it such a great section.