Thread: Excellent piece on stock finishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Are there any good wood nourishers from the DIY's for walnut as my TDR stock is looking a bit 'dry', it may sound strange but it does look dry or dehydrated i guess, anyway its time to 'feel the love' and give it some attention.

Any advice on products that can nourish this wood would be great and if there are any applying tricks, ie. sanding first or apply direct. as I'm a complete novice with wood

Thanks
    Paul

Smile dry walnut stock

Quote Originally Posted by pgunning1 View Post
    Are there any good wood nourishers from the DIY's for walnut as my TDR stock is looking a bit 'dry', it may sound strange but it does look dry or dehydrated i guess, anyway its time to 'feel the love' and give it some attention.

Any advice on products that can nourish this wood would be great and if there are any applying tricks, ie. sanding first or apply direct. as I'm a complete novice with wood

Thanks
    Paul
    raw linseed oil will make your walnut stock look fantastic and is half the price of danish oil , unless your stock is damaged do not sand it unless its with the finest glass paper you can get (400 grit) . walnut goes quite dark with a purple tinge when sanded.

melling

stock advice

Quote Originally Posted by kash2001 View Post

Thanks
    Paul
    visit your local college and ask the woodwork department for advice, its something different and they will love it.