Thread: Excellent piece on stock finishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dno246s is offline Banned for using the BBS to try to influence the outcome of a grievance with a manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldwarf View Post
    any one got any tips on staining a beach stock before oiling ?

money is tight and i would rather spend the money on the action and improve the stock myself

PS: i want the new gun now not the 6 week lead time the manufacturers have quoted
    Hi i could recomend white spirit and bitchuman paint? just buy 500ml of white spirit and take out only 50ml then top up with 50ml of bitchuman paint and shake well ? it was a tip from the master stocker himself Don Robinson and it worked brilliantly on my HW80 with a beach stock.Dino

super shiny stocks,grain high lighting

just use ,t cut for cars=it buffs up fine and hard wearing , save your dosh... ive seen some strip jobs that have applied chemical mixes to end up with a shiny mess, cut the corners, if your going for it just try it on the small pistol cap bit on the grip first,im sure youl be surprised at how easy and long lasting it is.it lifts the grain without having to strip the original colour/which is expensive and hard to renew once stripped