Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: all owners of a skan r32 (all versions)

all owners of a skan r32 (all versions)

hello, can anybody provide me with some information?
    likes / dislikes?
    any modifications / pimp my gun?
    pictures?
    thanks Al.

as much as i love my tdr and s300 the r32u feels solid and presice
    very fast cycling and accurate,good number of shots for a smallish bottle,
    but slightly on the heavy side and louder than most (weirach silencers on em are amazing)
    too short reach for some,

my 2 skans
    m32 and tdr
    r32u and tdr
    m32 15"

JASON..
    lots of takedowns

bump!!!!

hello, does no body else own 1? i knew they were rare!!!
    but bugger me!!! like rocking horse poo!!!

I only buy skan these days, since my first purchase about four years ago the obsession began with a mini m32 (.177) from Mike Childs.
    The idea was to find a reliable & accurate multi shot that did not break down
    unlike some of the other militrary styled ones on the market.
    I had purchased the S16 but after the second replacement I gave up on it.
    Tried a Stealth & a storm - did not get on with them.

I have had the pleasure of owning the first Skan Bullpup 48 shot in line magazine (.22), an R32 speed star in .22, and the new R32 Ultra (.177).
    I have stuck with a wooden furniture R32 in .177 which I have owned from new and collected from Mike about 3 and a half years ago, it has a 15 inch barrel with a Skan fluted silencer screwed onto the end.

I read with interest the idea that no one could use a Skan in FT.
    I have done this on many occasions and it has performed as well as any other pre - charge!
    I truly think that most modern pre charge rifles perform to similar standards and when you find a rifle that you are happy - are prepared to put the practice into using then it will perform as well any thing else.

Sure I have had the rip taken out of me for using a Skan at comps but providing that the mag is dropped between lanes then it dose the same as any other rifle - lead goes in and lead comes out the other end, the rest is down to the user to read the wind and judge the distance.

I should also add that I own an s400 AA and a Falcon TRL FT rifle, both fine guns but the Skan is the one in which I trust to perform.

Cheers Nige.

thanks nigel !!!

great to hear about the reliability, and i had thought they would be common place in ft!! after all they are built for the " kill ".
    have you any pictures of yours at all?

I really hated my R32. The magazine loading was fiddly and tedious then getting it onto the gun even worse as any pellet not perfectly loaded would stop the mag from dropping. Having to half-cock the gun then hold the pawl out of the way made it an operation I would have hated to perform in the dark. The trigger was also 'orrible with the first stage making a very audible 'click' then the second stage was too light for a hunting gun. I also found the combination of very short gun and short barrel difficult to use accurately. I'm glad I owned one but even more glad I don't any more.

Jonathan

ok, so 1 person hates it!!!
    hhmmm, and there's problems with the "difficult mag",
    ok, so, there not every ones cup of tea.

does any body know of the R32 L2 version?

or any other less know versions?

does any body have any pictures of there's (or not owned any more!!!!)?

mikee h is offline Only 3 kids now but still pretty busy!

skan r32

own one but soon will ,heard all sorts of mixed reviews on them but the only real way is get one!! You only live once and if its no good put it in the sales section. very close to making that call!!!
    -------------------------------------
    You shoot me in a dream and you betta wake up and apologise.... Mr White 1992

snapshots gun in the pic is one of the original r32's
    these days they are better as mike "improved" the gun,
    although id love one of the original r32's but they seldom come up for sale anymore
    ive been thinking of chopping the frame off my m32 getting a new shorter barrel and having it camo dipped
    i put a 15" barrel in mine a long time before mike started with the l2 (he told me there was no point to it .. then started making them )
    (he actually raised his voice down the phone asking "what the hell do you want to do that for !" )

personally i think he should keep them as a 10" short ratter,ditch the built in shroud going back to the old frame length but with all the improvements of today's gun,
    then i might even buy a new one

JASON..
    lots of takedowns

Skan R32

Here are some of pictures of my early Skan R32 Ultra. It is pretty much standard apart from a 1/2" recessed silencer adapter. The silencer helps a lot to remove most of the noise. It’s loud without one. The bipod is genuine and it has a built in laser. Good for range finding.

The gun breaks down and fits neatly into the custom bespoke case which I had made. The case has a compartment for three magazines. All items in the case have individual straps and special moldings so the items remain ridged in the case when it is being moved. Anything in the case does not bounce around inside during transit.

All in all IMHO it’s a good sturdy and rapid firing gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have just bought another R32/L2 but with one laser only and a sound moderator, in .22 I was hoping to get it in .25 but Mike managed to dissuade me on account of the difficulty in getting decent pellets This is my third Skan Ultra but I think I will sell the .177 as I prefer .22

After July 1st, prices will be going up by 17.5% as Mike will only be abale to sell via a small number of dealers, so now is the time to get a new one!
    Last edited by conor1; 25-07-2007 at 12:40 PM.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    I have an R32 Ultra, but haven't used it enough to give any meaningful feedback (too many other guns...).
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Mike T Guest

Mini M32 v BSA Bull Barrel

Working in pest control I have been using a BSA Super Ten Bull Barrel Carbine for the last couple of years, mainly for indoor pigeon work. I have always found it reliable and very accurate if not a little heavy.
    This week I took delivery of a Skan M32 and coupled it with a deben lamp and AGS mini scope for an indoor shoot.

1.A number of people have complained that the M32 is too short, I am over 6 foot tall with 'long arms' and find it extremely comfortable to use. The M32 has a BSA barrel, it produces significantly tighter grouping than the Super Ten using accupels with the sights set at 25m.
    2.The M32 has a better balance, pivoting centrally around the pistol grip.
    3.There is a distinct lag from when the pellet leaves the Super Ten to hitting the target, this does not appear to be the case with the M32 over 25m.
    4.The BSA has a completely shrouded barrel and is very quiet. The M32 is also quiet and in the enclosed spaces I conducted my shoot I encountered no problems associated with noise. It is not necessary to add an additional surpressor. If you buy a Ferrari you don't stick go faster stripes on it do you?
    5.Get used to the trigger it has a useful 'bite' point to it.

Very few come up second hand and there is a reason for this. It is a superb piece of equipment. One word of warning - follow the user instructions to the letter, they are there for a reason, and do not over fill the bottle, keep it below 200bar or it will lose power. This rifle is exceptional, now for the test of time. Listen to what Mike says he built it.
    P.S. Go to any branch of Machine Mart and you can buy a perfect fit, protective lockable briefcase for it (in camoflage paint work). It's cheaper too!