Thread: Webley Senior for sale. Nice 1950's Birmingham 4 example in .22

SOLD Please delete

Now sold.
    Last edited by felix gunner; 09-06-2007 at 03:19 PM.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Very tempted more info please,
    I love the older Webley pistols but there are a lot of variants of Seniors about and their value depends on condition and a near exact date, you can get a rough idea of the date by the serial No's, they are normally a 3 digit No at the front of the chamber plug, below front of barrel, and then when you remove the left hand pistol grip the serial No is stamped in full, also there should be an inspectors stamp at the rear underside of the trigger guard even this can effect the price. If you have not got Hiller's pistol guide feel free to pm me.
    Its nice to see one with undamaged pistol grips, the pics show fantastic detail, this will add or detract to your asking price.
    I am sure the experts on here will jump in at some point.
    Rgds
    Carl.

Hi Carl - thanks for the post - you are chatting to a fellow Senior enthusiast! As I say all numbers are matching (1664), best book is Gordon Bruce's for dating/changes etc. Under trigger guard stamp is D as usual with this age.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Webley-Air-P...8563391&sr=8-2

Thanks for your very understanding reply, nice to chat to another Webley pistol collector on here. I have two Seniors around the same numbers and with the common D stamp. I have also got an older slant grip with the serial number of 246 and stamped H under trigger guard, not mentioned in Hillers guide. So I was hoping for something to bridge the gap.
    As for your amazon link to Gordon Bruce's Webley Air Pistols: Their History and Development.... Nice one........
    Cheers
    Carl

Still available.

The pre war Senior and other Webley air pistols had serial numbers beginning with the letter of the particular model, 'S' for Senior, 'M' for Mk.1 & 'J' for Junior, and followed a sequential pattern, most of the time.
    The post war models changed to a system of batch numbers with no prefix letter. These batch numbers are difficult to date as they don't follow the same sequential pattern as serial numbers did.
    Gordon Bruce's book is a good reference for Webley air pistols.

Reduced to £85.

Still available.