Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted-Simmons Aetec Review

Wanted-Simmons Aetec Review

Anyone out there got anything to say about these scopes? If so please post a review and let us all know. I'm considering one, but would like to know what others thought of theirs first.
    Air Arms S200 Beech-Simmons WTC 3.5-10 X 50
    Daystate X2 Walnut-Simmons Aetec

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Pre or post Meade??
    Master Debater

Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Pre or post Meade??
    To be honest i'd be interested to hear what you have to say about about both. Are they a better product with Meade as the parent company?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewjs77 View Post
    Are they a better product with Meade as the parent company?
    No.

All made in china now and reviews from America are not good.

Now the old Jap Aetecs are superb and an even better buy now they are all second hand.
    You can pick up quite a bargain.
    Master Debater

No.

All made in china now and reviews from America are not good.

Now the old Jap Aetecs are superb and an even better buy now they are all second hand.
    You can pick up quite a bargain.
    So where's a good place to look for an old Aetec? I cant find any for sale on here!

So where's a good place to look for an old Aetec? I cant find any for sale on here!
    All discontinued now sadly.

Second hand is your only choice.

There is one for sale now in the for sales section.
    Master Debater

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    All discontinued now sadly.

Second hand is your only choice.

There is one for sale now in the for sales section.
    At the same price we was paying new not long ago else I'd have snapped it up when it was first advertised.

They are really great scopes, best field of view I've seen and crisp as you like all the way to the edge of the lens. Dam good under the lamp, my mate still uses one on his 22-250 for lamping fox's. I have 3 now, one fitted to my Ruger 10/22 and the others on my AA S400 and Falcon lighthunter.

I have tried the new ones.........no where near as good.

the one i bought for £80 2nd hand makes a mockery of the 6-24x56 nighteater i paid £140 for 2nd hand!!!

if you see one, buy one. they are very, very good quality optics and well built too.

Are pre Meade Aetecs identifiable by a "made in Japan" mark or are they completely different in appearance?

There is one for sale now in the for sales section.[/QUOTE]

Where? All i can find are 22 Mags / Blazers and 8 points

Exclamation

Discontinued like all the good Simmons scopes. As has been said before, second hand is the only way now. I bought a nice 3.8-12x44 Illuminated reticle on here and am delighted with it. Excellent optics, very clear and bright. The IR is not necessary for me but is there so doesn't really matter. I use this one on my .22LR. Cannot recommend it highly enough.
    In addition to the 'Aetec' range be aware that the WTC range (1.5-5x20, 3.5-10x40 and the 3.5-10x50) have all been discontinued. The remaining stocks are being sold by a few dealers at ludicrously low prices. £129 for the 50mm one is the bargain of all time in my view. If you don't want mildot, look no further than these beauties.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Discontinued like all the good Simmons scopes. As has been said before, second hand is the only way now. I bought a nice 3.8-12x44 Illuminated reticle on here and am delighted with it. Excellent optics, very clear and bright. The IR is not necessary for me but is there so doesn't really matter. I use this one on my .22LR. Cannot recommend it highly enough.
    In addition to the 'Aetec' range be aware that the WTC range (1.5-5x20, 3.5-10x40 and the 3.5-10x50) have all been discontinued. The remaining stocks are being sold by a few dealers at ludicrously low prices. £129 for the 50mm one is the bargain of all time in my view. If you don't want mildot, look no further than these beauties.
    I agree,with a little reparalaxing the simmons wtc range are the dogs danglies,for the price they are a really good scope

Quote Originally Posted by flukeyluke View Post
    I agree,with a little reparalaxing the simmons wtc range are the dogs danglies,for the price they are a really good scope

How do you parralax these scopes?

Matt

How do you parralax these scopes?

Matt
    You unscrew the front bell ring(it should come off quite easy) and this exposes the carrier with the lens in,then you just put up a target at the desierd range and gently unscrew the threaded carrier untill the target appears sharp,then you have to screw back on the bell ring without moving the lens carrier,on some scopes this is easy but on others you have to hold the lense carrier in place while you screw the ring back on,someone on here mentioned using a rubber glove which i have tried and it works,just push against the side of the carrier(not the lens) and gently screw back on.Hope this helps but im not very good at explaining things lol.Mine was easy to do and i didnt need to hold onto the carrier when screwing the ring back on

Quote Originally Posted by flukeyluke View Post
    You unscrew the front bell ring(it should come off quite easy) and this exposes the carrier with the lens in,then you just put up a target at the desierd range and gently unscrew the threaded carrier untill the target appears sharp,then you have to screw back on the bell ring without moving the lens carrier,on some scopes this is easy but on others you have to hold the lense carrier in place while you screw the ring back on,someone on here mentioned using a rubber glove which i have tried and it works,just push against the side of the carrier(not the lens) and gently screw back on.Hope this helps but im not very good at explaining things lol.Mine was easy to do and i didnt need to hold onto the carrier when screwing the ring back on
    Excellent, thanks for that, does this work for all fixed paralax scopes then?