Thread: bushnell 5x15x40 tactical

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Thumbs up bushnell 5x15x40 tactical

I havent really had a chance to put this scope through its paces yet. But these are my initial findings As you would expect from a bushnell scope, the optics are very good. They are very colourful The field of view to me is not very wide, this is on all the settings. It has been advertised as, bieng aimed at the serious pest controllers out there. I would say it has its uses, but i would prefer a wider field of view. Especially while trying to track moveing prey. The build quality is excellent, the front ao is a little bit stiff. But this should ease up a bit, with continued usage. The zoom is faultless, makeing use effortless The mildots are true on x15, one little thing i noticed about this scope is, there is a slight glare now and then bounced of the eyepiece. This is nothing drastic and only happens under certain conditions, but it did get on my t#ts a bit. I used this scope to good effect today, i have set the zero to 35. And used it on my 22 mfr, it had no problems dispatching a couple of squirrels etc. And once set up, the mildots done there job. The turrets are near enough the same, as on the 10x40. And they seem pretty good, there isnt an audible click as such. But more of a dampened stealthy one, which i liked One thing i did notice about the turrets! If your planning to mount one on a mfr, the bolt comes into near proximity to the windage turret. And you can actualy brush past the turret with your hand while loading. Im not sure if this would be a problem with other guns, as i was useing theoben mounts. By changeing these for something a tad higher, it should sort this problem out. The wieght of the scope is fairly light, and the overall lengh isnt as long, as i thought it would be for a bushnell. Im sorry i dont have the exact measurements, no tape measure I Will update this with a bit more usage

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post
    Hi - your comment about eyepiece & reflections - does this mean the Ocular lens isn't shrouded (or sunken) much ? I have a couple of scopes like this (with the same problem) and both have unusually long eye-relief, would you know what the Eye Relief on your new scope is Perry?
    Im not to sure ian, but i would say about 3". There isnt much detail in the acompanying booklets. After mounting the scope, it did feel a little far away to me. So i added one of those eye exstention things, not the pigs ear one the tube type. This helped solve it. I have just removed this and replaced it with a butler creek, and it seems ok. I had no problems hitting a squirrel befor with it

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_J View Post
    Can I ask where you got it from and how much it cost? Looks just what I'm looking for.

regards

Andy J
    Give vickers a call, not to sure on the price think it was round the 400 ton mark

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_J View Post
    Can I ask where you got it from and how much it cost? Looks just what I'm looking for.

regards

Andy J
    YHPM

Alan.