Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mtc optics 6-24x56ir

sniper22 Guest

mtc optics 6-24x56ir

i was at the daystate factory and bought a n mtc 6-24x56 scope while i was there.
    its a big bugger and its a nice soild feel to it.
    positive clicks on the lockable turrets, zero dials that can be reset and a smooth feel to the mag ring and side p.a.
    it came with a sunshade or after tonights drenching, a bucket. mounts that fit perfectly. a sidewheel was there to which ill fit in winter so i can pa with gloves on.
    the scope was placed on top of my airwolf and i took it out to zero. a ten minute job because theres enough clicks to get the scope dialled in without any packing.
    its clear to the edge and will focus down to around 20 ft on 6x. on x24 its still sharp with no distortion. no reflection from the inners of the scope either, unlike the ags etc.

thats 2 vipers now and im looking at buying a 10x44 next.

viper

I got my viper about 8 weeks ago and wow I love the scope i`ve now got a great set up if anyone`s looking for a new scope i`d sure check out the mtc viper range and also a big shout out to sammie and gary there great to deal with
    cheers
    nick
    DAYSTATE Air ranger 177.
    MTC viper 6x24-56 beretta 686 E L E NO 442-800
    DUKINFIELD A.G.C

Agree with the above. I bought one & was so impressed with it I bought another.
    I Keep Hitting The Escape Button But I Am Still Here.

growler Guest
    Any one tried these scopes on a 17hmr or 223 ????

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    Try Dogfox or Baz on here

I have them on both but my opinion isn't relevant

I have one these on a 17HMR.

I think that for the money it's excellent, but its quite fussy on eye relief at the high mags (I have a 4-16 as well and this is nothing like as bad), your eye position really has to be spot on.

I think the reticle is absolutely top notch and works very well out to 200yds+ on the HMR.

My only other criticism would be its size and weight, I personally would have preferred a Mamba, but they don't do one with the higher mag.

I'm just in from shooting with my 6-24 MTC on a rimfire. Fantastic reticule - the best I have ever seen/used. Big scope though - especially on a light rimfire!

6-24

Guys, i'm pretty new to shooting and would appreciate some advice. I have ordered a Daystate X2 Sports and the guy offered me an MTC 6-24 for a price i couldn't refuse. Do you think this high mag scope is a bit much for an airgun on std pwr? I mean is more always better or not?

Thanks

Matt

177 Daystate X2 Sport MTC 6-24 X 56
    177 AA Prosport, BSA Catseye 4-14 X 50
    177 AA S200, AGS Mini 6 X 40MD

6-24

First post. I just got a nice new MTC Viper 6-24. Again as all the other reviews suggest, this is a very nice piece of kit, very well built and yet not so heavy. The turrets and zoom ring probably need a bit of work loosening but otherwise all good. Optics are nice and bright and very clear upto around 18 mag. The reticle is sweet, good sharp image and looks like it should be worth alot more than the asking price. I imagine this is where the bulk of the cost goes in the manufacturing. So I mounted it to a brand new X2 Sports, which was producing rather eratic results after zeroing. I can produce better 30 yd groups with my prosport using a catseye at the moment. After several second opinions from guys at my club it seems the scope is suffering from some internal zero shift. It can put pellet on pellet for a few shots then it puts one off by an inch or so. I put nearly 300 pellets through trying different senarios, with silencer and 10 shot mag on and off to no avail. So i just proved the zero shift by substituting the scope for another one i had laying around (an AGS 6 X 40 Mini) Problem solved!!! Pellet on pellet etc etc!
    I haven't lost faith in the manufacturer or the scope, so now i'm just waiting to here from MTC, to see if i can send it back to them so they can take a look at it and, hopefully come to the same conclusion as i.

Will update review when i get a replacement.

X2 Sports Walnut and 6-24 X 56 Viper
    AA Prosport Walnut and 4-16 X 50 BSA Catseye
    AA S200 Beech and 6 X 40 Mini AGS

Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    I have stuck one on my .223 AR15 and had it out to 300yds last week, very impressed used to have a EB Sniper 10x42 but fancied a bit more magnification.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    I have stuck one on my .223 AR15 and had it out to 300yds last week, very impressed used to have a EB Sniper 10x42 but fancied a bit more magnification.
    Would you be confident to try it on a .308?

Absolutely, I think it's only a matter of time before they come certified for full bore rifle use (assuming they arent already) and others on here have them on 308's

Gary C Guest
    They were designed for C/F use

I know MTC claim all their scopes are rated up to .50BMG, but then so do others and I've been caught before.....

Thanks for your view though.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by icarusyankee625 View Post
    I know MTC claim all their scopes are rated up to .50BMG, but then so do others and I've been caught before.....

Thanks for your view though.

Totally agree, what do I know? With their reputation for false claims and poor customer service you can't be too careful can you?