Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mtc optics 6-24x56ir

I have used MTC scopes on centre fire rifles, on a .243 and a 30-06, they worked just fine, excellent scopes for the money

Quote Originally Posted by simon bmann View Post
    I have used MTC scopes on centre fire rifles, on a .243 and a 30-06, they worked just fine, excellent scopes for the money

Exactly right Simon,"for the money", Just depends what you want out of a scope.
    6mm BR, Lawton Action ,Kreiger BarreL lazzeroni thumbhole Stock, Jewel Trigger, 6.5-24x50 Zeiss/drone prox10, tikka t3 super varmnt.223 vortex viper HST 6-24x50, /drone prox10, cz .22lr

Must say that I've had (& still have!) several Vipers & Mambas & that I've never experienced whiteout, pinkout nor any other kind of out!

The glass isn't as clear as my Lightstream, but there's very little in it....& the Lightstream is over £400 nowadays. So I can't really agree with "all right for a budget scope" either!

Only my opinion!

ATB

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
    Must say that I've had (& still have!) several Vipers & Mambas & that I've never experienced whiteout, pinkout nor any other kind of out!

The glass isn't as clear as my Lightstream, but there's very little in it....& the Lightstream is over £400 nowadays. So I can't really agree with "all right for a budget scope" either!

Only my opinion!

ATB

Ken
    Try looking through a Zeiss, S&B, Nightforce, Swaro etc at dusc and under the lamp and compare them to what you have you will see the difference.

Hi mate

I wasn't disputing the clarity/class of high end optics, but I don't choose to take a second mortgage to pay for them. Others obviously do....... & hey that's their privilege too. The issue was simply that I've never suffered whiteout with MTC 'scopes (either at dawn, dusk, rain or shine!)...that's all!

ATB

Ken

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Hi mate

I wasn't disputing the clarity/class of high end optics, but I don't choose to take a second mortgage to pay for them. Others obviously do....... & hey that's their privilege too. The issue was simply that I've never suffered whiteout with MTC 'scopes (either at dawn, dusk, rain or shine!)...that's all!

ATB

Ken
    I think the point folks are missing is scopes are built to a spec...eyes are not.

What works well for one may not for others and vise versa.

True, the top end scopes are (usually) fantastically clear etc, and so they should be, but some of the lower end ones are still capable of holding their own.

Dont get me wrong, if I was offered a Schmidt and bender or leupold etc etc at a price I could justify, I would tear an arm off, but the shooting I do does not suffer from using what some clearly see as "Inferior" peasant models.

It is horses for courses in many cases...if I was sniping out to 1000m ONO then I would have to think hard about serious glass, but since the MTC, Hawke, Tasco, and Nikon scopes I own do a fine job at the relatively short ranges at which I shoot (out to about 55 yds) then why worry
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Only my opinion!

ATB

Ken

Ken ,then read the other thread running in this forum, perhaps it's not just my eyes then

atb.
    6mm BR, Lawton Action ,Kreiger BarreL lazzeroni thumbhole Stock, Jewel Trigger, 6.5-24x50 Zeiss/drone prox10, tikka t3 super varmnt.223 vortex viper HST 6-24x50, /drone prox10, cz .22lr

I used MTC in two different versions of the vipers and they are good.
    Someone else hit the nail on the head, 'good for the money'.

Try to find the same spec and quality as an MTC for the same money as the MTC and you'll struggle, or rather you'll at best find something on par with.

I recently purchased the MTC Taipan 6-24x56IR SCB to replace my old Hawke MillDot and all I can say is WOW - Magnification and clarity is alot better I would recommend these optics to anyone.

I had a Viper 4-16x50IR on my .223 and 3-12x44IR on my Rapid 7 FAC, both were excellent For the money and customer service MTC are hard if not impossible to beat
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

Its a selling point no doubt about that

Dont think i have heard a bad thing about the customer service at MTC, that counts for so much nowadays.

Regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !