Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mtc optics 6-24x56ir

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    They were designed for C/F use
    Quote Originally Posted by icarusyankee625 View Post
    I know MTC claim all their scopes are rated up to .50BMG, but then so do others and I've been caught before.....

Thanks for your view though.
    Totally agree, what do I know? With their reputation for false claims and poor customer service you can't be too careful can you?
    ROTFL

Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Totally agree, what do I know? With their reputation for false claims and poor customer service you can't be too careful can you?
    Touchy aren't we Mr Cooper? An MTC scope is on my list of possibles but I've never seen one in the flesh and know little about them beyond your adverts, hence my enquiries.

Gary C Guest
    Touchy aren't we Mr Cooper?

Nope

If I was I'd have flamed you. My remark was fairly tongue in cheek, perhaps you could help yourself by having a drive down here and checking the whole range out, then examining the unconditional guarantee and talking to some of the big bore shooters on here like Baz, Amcodave or Dogfox who have used them.

Nope

If I was I'd have flamed you. My remark was fairly tongue in cheek, perhaps you could help yourself by having a drive down here and checking the whole range out, then examining the unconditional guarantee and talking to some of the big bore shooters on here like Baz, Amcodave or Dogfox who have used them.
    Might just take you up on that...

mtc

great scope, even a newby can recognise the build quality, crisp optics and accurate turrets....the reticle is a close as you get to perfect suiting most applications from air-rifles to rimmies....bet it could take a .50 cal barrett!! anyone tried......
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

I'm on my fourth Viper, a 4-16 x 50 model and have just mounted it on my rimmie which had a Bushnell Elite 6-24 x 40 SF before. Prefer the Viper.

The 6-24 x 56 Viper is a cracking scope as well, just too much for my rimmie. Even if I wanted to, couldn't fault any of the Vipers.

Touchy aren't we Mr Cooper? An MTC scope is on my list of possibles but I've never seen one in the flesh and know little about them beyond your adverts, hence my enquiries.

As well as talking to Baz and DOGFOX you can talk to me.. i cant afford to get booted off jobs like golf courses because of equipment failure..

Martin
    Last edited by marty; 16-04-2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: typo (its late ;))

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    I have to say it is one hell of a scope for the money.

It is nice to have a ret that is not only sharp (and usefull) but also has an IR that stays sharp.

I was not that familiar with side focus, but as this one is being used on a bipod'ed rifle more often than not, it works really well.

I remain constsantly surprised at how well it works at very low light. Often you can barely make much out, quick squint through Mr Viper, and it all becomes clear.

What I have found is that if I focus the ret with teh IR on (at night) it gives a very sharp focus during the day. This was a trick we used to set up old CRT projectors, getting the line as dim as we could, and it seems to work well.

The IR does not seem to bleed either like some others, and stays very sharp.

Cracking scope, well worth the money and another will be bought....when I get my Rapid....some time next year at this rate

PS.....if you are into tree ratting, check out the Connect 01. Looks odd, but if you can get on with it, there is sod all like it for tracking tree rats through the trees and gloom.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sniper22 View Post
    i was at the daystate factory and bought a n mtc 6-24x56 scope while i was there.
    its a big bugger and its a nice soild feel to it.
    positive clicks on the lockable turrets, zero dials that can be reset and a smooth feel to the mag ring and side p.a.
    it came with a sunshade or after tonights drenching, a bucket. mounts that fit perfectly. a sidewheel was there to which ill fit in winter so i can pa with gloves on.
    the scope was placed on top of my airwolf and i took it out to zero. a ten minute job because theres enough clicks to get the scope dialled in without any packing.
    its clear to the edge and will focus down to around 20 ft on 6x. on x24 its still sharp with no distortion. no reflection from the inners of the scope either, unlike the ags etc.

thats 2 vipers now and im looking at buying a 10x44 next.

I have this on my ev2, fantastic scope.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Question viper internal zero shifting problem ?.

Hi mathewjs77.
    Did you ever get this problem resolved as i seem to have difficulty
    keeping zero with mine. Seem to be able to do two or three one
    hole pellets out to 30 yards and then its gone, always checking
    pellets for quality to make sure its not down to flyers.
    Appreciate it mate if you could let me know how you got on.

Cheers
    Major Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by major mac View Post
    Hi mathewjs77.
    Did you ever get this problem resolved as i seem to have difficulty
    keeping zero with mine. Seem to be able to do two or three one
    hole pellets out to 30 yards and then its gone, always checking
    pellets for quality to make sure its not down to flyers.
    Appreciate it mate if you could let me know how you got on.

Cheers
    Major Mac.
    Matts was the rifle
    If you send the scope back I'll test it

Mtc

Ive had an MTC Viper 6-24x56 scope on my .17 HMR, for a few months now, nice looking scope, sharp optics, Turrets easy to use ,good in low light ,I have shot a few hundred rabbits,and a few dozen crows / magpies using it, problem is since a month or so after I first fitted it I've had to re-zero the scope every session., " zeroed at 100 yds" I shoot 8-10 head shot rabbits then I start missing, I clean the barrel using a bore snake, try again ,still missing, I get the target board out and start the re-zeroing process again as it can be shooting up to 4 inches out in any direction, after 15-20 rounds i get it back on again , but all the rabbits have now gone , so I pack it in for the day, but the scope is zeroed for the next session , all goes well to start with then the problem starts all over again,I have fitted my Swaro; off my .243 to check it was not problems with the rifle , no problem, due to the frustration of the problem and the ever increasing cost of ammo; I have returned the scope to Uttings hopefully for a replacement .

i have a mtc viper 6x24x56 and i find that it asnt got a very good eyes relief ,
    not saying that its not a good scope because it is, build quality is very good the more x you use the worse it gets .and it does suffer from whiteout if you have the sun facing you,
    anything below 15x is ok but anything past that and you suffer alot of whiteout and bad eyes relief.

weaver classic extreme

try one of these no such probs cracking glass made in japan very impressed
    put it up against mtc's aetec kahles came out on top optically+build quality very robust scope got mine for $299 on a closeoutbut this price is still value for money item no 230396043470 on- bay

MTC optics

I had a viper to try a couple of years ago, not a bad scope for the money, until it comes to dawn and dusk, and that is where mine failed, (white-out).

Iknow of several other MTC owners at present, who have the same problems.

Me and a mate were out shooting rabbits around a christmas tree plantation a few weeks ago. His .22 hornet was wearing a 6-24 viper, and was alright until the light started to go, then the image in his viper started to take on a pinkish hue, followed a few minutes later by a total "white-out", which cut his shooting short by a good 1/2 hour. This makes me conclude that perhaps the lens coatings could be improved on,to make what is generally a decent scope for those on a budget.
    6mm BR, Lawton Action ,Kreiger BarreL lazzeroni thumbhole Stock, Jewel Trigger, 6.5-24x50 Zeiss/drone prox10, tikka t3 super varmnt.223 vortex viper HST 6-24x50, /drone prox10, cz .22lr