Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
That is very high power for a Meteor, mine does about 9.5 ft/lbs and seems to be happy with the standard spring. The sear arrangement doesnt look like one that would respond well to increased mainspring pressure.

One thing about the Meteor is that its transfer port is very short and has a very small volume. Perhaps this is the secret to its efficiency?
The spring I used was a Titan from J Knibbs, and there is a thick steel washer in the breach end of the piston. The piston seal is home-made from some shoe leather, soaked for a week in Neatsfoot oil. It had a new breach seal and I lubed the compression chamber and spring with a 50/50 mix of LT2 moly grease and lithium grease, liberally applied.

I've found old springers with leather washers like to run 'wet', with a nice puff of smoke lingering in the barrel after the shot, although not too much or you get detonation and poor accuracy. I also put 2 drops of motor oil down the transfer port after each tim of pellets, and leave the gun standing barrel up over-night.

As you mentioned, the mk1 trigger was never the best bit of design, but it is no worse since the rebuild than it ever was - heavy but predictable. I can still get 1" groups with it at 30yd on a good day!