Thread: Bowkett Meteor (stripped, pics and questions)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fascinating... Now I might be tempted to do make internals similar to this to my mk3 "experiment" gun.

How about the cocking lever and piston? there surely must be some mods done to create room?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Fascinating... Now I might be tempted to do make internals similar to this to my mk3 "experiment" gun.

How about the cocking lever and piston? there surely must be some mods done to create room?
    I've got such a project waiting to be done, using an adaptor for a 26mm Weihrauch parachute. Basically you need to measure up and just grind out the back of the slot in the piston so it can go forward & make sure the cocking leaver does not foul the woodwork and it should be job done!

I have also got a couple of squared off piston heads to use with 'O' rings but no buffer. Will let you know how I get on ..

I've previously done a "stroker" with a maccari diana type seal, on a delring piston front that gives me a few extra mm's of stroke, but not so much as to require lengtehning tha piston slot. This conversions shoots about at about 710fps with 7,9grs, which can be done with an unmodified meteor as well, but my conversion is much more comfortable to fire.

A reason for me to do a copy of the bowkett tune, would be to experience how it feels during firing, I suspect that this would feel a bit harsh during firing..

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    I've previously done a "stroker" with a maccari diana type seal, on a delring piston front that gives me a few extra mm's of stroke, but not so much as to require lengtehning tha piston slot. This conversions shoots about at about 710fps with 7,9grs, which can be done with an unmodified meteor as well, but my conversion is much more comfortable to fire.

A reason for me to do a copy of the bowkett tune, would be to experience how it feels during firing, I suspect that this would feel a bit harsh during firing..
    I have an hw35 tuned by John Bowkett and the firing cycle is quick, but not harsh... I find it surprisingly insenstitive to hold
    Last edited by albrown; 05-06-2013 at 12:46 PM.