Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x 50 Mildot

forgot to say it made the bush 4200 & the leup vx3 i had look like poo

Cant say enough good things about them!

Afer last nighs foxing sesion my mate will be buying one soon!

I had two fair sized cubs my mate couldnt even see

Only wish they did a higer mag in the conquest line!
    Andy

forgot to say it made the bush 4200 & the leup vx3 i had look like poo

Cant say enough good things about them!

Afer last nighs foxing sesion my mate will be buying one soon!

I had two fair sized cubs my mate couldnt even see

Only wish they did a higer mag in the conquest line!
    Andy

Rite,

I have just compared 3 scopes that i have sitting around
    1-MTC 4-16x50 Viper
    2-Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 mildot
    3-Leupold MK4 8-24x50 TMR Ill

Out of the 3 the worst scope is the MTC! The field of veiw is noticably narrower! and when looking at object 200yrds or more away the detail and contrst is just no where near as good as the other two! I was looing into the sunlight and this effected the sight, where the other 2 wernt fased by it. No sunshades were used as you wouldnt then get an accurate gauge of the scopes performance! So now that scope failed onto the next 1.

ZEISS, this has a great quality picture especialy when compared to the MTC. the contrast, picture detail and feild of veiw are far better than the MTC scope. I was very impresse with the Zeiss. When looking into the sun at shadows at 200yrds and about 800yrds the pictures were very good! you could see details of objects that were well in the shade and the suns glare didnt fased the Zeiss.

Leupold, Now this had a very slightly better field of veiw than the Zeiss and at 200yrds the contrast and detail were very hard to differentiate from the Zeiss! but after alot of looking etc i felt that the Leupold had the edge! at 800yrds the Leupold edged further away! This is where the glass on the Leupold is even better than the Zeiss. The picture was clearer and better defined than, however not by alot.

Conclusion,
    The leupold is deffinately best of the test but when you consider it is a fair bit more money than the Zeiss infact about £200 more if importing both scopes! Inturn the Zeiss is about £200 more than the MTC. I realy dont like the MTC for the fact that eye releif is very critical to get a good clear picture! Both the Zeiss and the Leupold are far less fussy and much easier to use. They also weigh alot less too.
    Money no object get the Leupy! If you dont feel the need for the best or like most of us cant afford/cant justify that kinda money then the Zeiss is about as good as you'll ever need! Plus mounts for the Zeiss will be less as it has a 25mm tube compared to 30mm on the Leupy.

Hope this is of some interest. I will when i have time try to compare them at night.

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Thumbs up

INTRESTING could it be the,everyones eyes are differant theory again.as ive owned a few lupes and still do,given lupes are superior glass.theres no doubt about that,i own a prem ret 20x50,brilliant optics and can not fault it.but i think my ziess is better opticly as for the night time test,i would be intrested in your findings.as ive tryed my lupe at night,not so good,and ive tryed my ziess.the ziess wins hands down.as ive said above my ideal ft scope would consist of ziess glass and the lupey range finding.and as for mtc vipers nar wont go there pk i will.bottles of milk spring to mind

OK, I have now just abit of a play with the Zeiss and the Leupold. To my eyes the Leupold has slightly better definition than the Zeiss but the Zeiss has a slightly brighter picture! Does that make sense? I know what im trying to say....... hehe

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    I always struggle with the eye relief on Leups.the slightest movement and they black out for me
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Thumbs up

Still besotted with my Zeiss though..it's as good as I'll ever need. Now, if only someone would tell me how to get that front lens to turn out a bit, so I can reparalax it down from 30yds to say, 23yds?? Then it would be perfect.

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    I always struggle with the eye relief on Leups.the slightest movement and they black out for me

I have never had a prob with the eye relief on any Leupys that i have had! (had 3 VX111's and 2 MK4's) but as you say the Zeiss does have a slightly better eye relief.

Me too, I've had three different models and sold them all on. Not that impressed with them at all.

As I mentioned I am in the process of sending my scope back to zeiss to have the target turrets fitted. I'm sure they could reparalax the scope for you. I can get you the name of the woman who runs their service dept if that helps to ask her. I havent as yet got my scope to them from the US dealer as they are waiting for the turrets from Kenton industries . It is a hassle that they wont accept scopes direct even from overseas customers. I will let you know how i get on when i get the scope back re service etc.
    when there's lead in the air there's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by BWH View Post
    As I mentioned I am in the process of sending my scope back to zeiss to have the target turrets fitted. I'm sure they could reparalax the scope for you. I can get you the name of the woman who runs their service dept if that helps to ask her. I havent as yet got my scope to them from the US dealer as they are waiting for the turrets from Kenton industries . It is a hassle that they wont accept scopes direct even from overseas customers. I will let you know how i get on when i get the scope back re service etc.
    Hi there, yes I've been in touch with her, name is Carol Higgins, and they will reparalax, but as you say it must go via the original dealer - they've got some seriously paranoid regs over there about exporting items that might be 'used against the USA', or words to that effect. Luckily I have family in NC so they will send it via them.

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

This is for Perry really,if you had the choice of your Zeiss Or my Meopta Artemis 3-12x 56 which would you go for,please anybody who has used the Meopta also feel free,I am only asking as I am going to import a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44milldot in silver,this will cost approx $850 so I would like (users opinions)Please
    I have the Zeiss mentioned above, and the Meopta Artemis but in 3-12x50. The Zeiss is a whole heap better in every respect, when compared at like magnifications....and I prefer the fact the reticule stays a fixed size in the Zeiss as you zoom, though this is purely a personal choice with me shooting small things. The Meopta is probably more a medium game scope though, so this wouldn't be an issue there.

I also have a Nikon and a Leupold, and after a bit more playing, I'd say the Zeiss is optically the best of the lot (Though only by a minimal amount to be honest) and build quiality on a par with the others. I've had a look through a few Swarovskis, and they are a league above again...