Thread: BSA Mercury Mk2, .177, New, Unused and Boxed

BSA Mercury Mk2, .177, New, Unused and Boxed

As title, 1977 (prefix WB) Mercury Mk2 in .177, yup .177 , new, unused and boxed with the paperwork, the little plastic oil bottle was removed as it started leaking, now it's gorn!!, I should have the little tub of Pylarm pellets about somewhere.

It was bought from J.L.S ARMS in 1977 and cost £30, which was about the same amount I was earning a week at the time as an apprentice, the Airsporter cost £40 and a Scorpion pistol cost £23.

The beech stock is very nice for that period, as most stocks were a horrible yellow colour and looked like they were made from old school desk lids.

Now the price, I reckon due to the fact it's a .177, was made 30 years ago, has not been used, and it wont loose value as a modern one will, I will ask the same price as a new BSA Lighting XL costs from our sponsor Edward, which is £205 plus the postage of your choice.

Lots of high res images here, click on the thumbnail to see a larger image, click again and see a supasized image

SOLD STU. Thanks for your interest and positive comments chaps

master.shriller@gmail.com

Regards

Ben
    Last edited by master_shriller; 28-05-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Cracking example Ben.

Just like the one I had at about the same time

Someone is going to be very happy with that.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Ben, lovely matey, just lovely, and I like the idea of setting the price next to a modern BSA springer too -- very very good idea. I've actually got one exactly the same as this with its box and in .177, and a truly mint boxed Mercury-S in .177 too. If I hadn't, I'd've had this off you like a shot (ahem, pun intened ). Good luck with the sale matey (not that you'll need it with a piece like this), although I do reckon you'll really regret selling it once its gone ). Have a bump on me for a wonderful boxed classic, and for being one of the BBS stalwart good guys . ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Absolutely stunning Ben. A brand new 30-year old classic for the price of an off the shelf modern gun...... I'm speechless.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I'll take this please. You have PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    I'll take this please. You have PM.
    Top draw Steve, and welcome back to the world of mint Mercury owning . For the on lookers here, both Ben (the seller), and Steve (the buyer) are both BBS good guys, and a pleasure to deal with (Ben, don't suppose you've a good condition .177 Tempest to sell have you? Just been shafted on a minter boxed for £65 posted -- gutted ). ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Top draw Steve, and welcome back to the world of mint Mercury owning . For the on lookers here, both Ben (the seller), and Steve (the buyer) are both BBS good guys, and a pleasure to deal with (Ben, don't suppose you've a good condition .177 Tempest to sell have you? Just been shafted on a minter boxed for £65 posted -- gutted ). ATB: Gareth W-B.
    Every collection should have a Mercury (or ten) eh Gareth? Now let's hope that I was first, or my little heart shall break.

Mercury Now Sold

SOLD STU.

Thanks for your interest and positive comments chaps

Regards

Ben