Thread: Home made Innova piston seal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Mate, Its not hard enough ! IE short life ?
    Measure Cylinder bore, Get out your PTFE, Machine to size, All dimensions ! ( Making the fit into the Pump arm head, Tight, ) Drop in boiling water & Fit, Job done, Good as new, Alternately, ? Machine new pump head, with Double O ring ( ALA Crossman Pistols " Modded ) Easy fix ! Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi Mate, Its not hard enough ! IE short life ?
    Measure Cylinder bore, Get out your PTFE, Machine to size, All dimensions ! ( Making the fit into the Pump arm head, Tight, ) Drop in boiling water & Fit, Job done, Good as new, Alternately, ? Machine new pump head, with Double O ring ( ALA Crossman Pistols " Modded ) Easy fix ! Cheers,
    Thanks geddfin! only trouble is, with me is access to a lathe.
    I did try machining some rubber down on a pillar drill but It did'nt turn out to well if you pardon the pun. have made some of other bits for them out of 19mm brass bar using a pillar drill and files and emery paper. Stoneage I know but enjoyable.

Hiya mate, I know, you do what you can with what you have, ?
    The brass pump heads with O, rings are very good, I do however prefer PTFE, I use it for Everything,
    Machine Oversize, And leave it in the FREEZER !
    When solid machine down to size, Works for Pump Heads ? pre-Charged Exhaust valves Etc, I use it on Most seals, Even Breech ! Etc, Cheers,,