Thread: Volumetric measurment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    This bit interested me

http://www.curtrich.com/bpsubsdummies.2.html

down the page a bit, cutting slices of draughtproofing cord to make thick wads. Its hard to find thick felt wads so this might be a usefull alternative.
    What calibre and what length are you after. Kranks do .44/45 wads that are over 1/2 an inch long
    Robin

At £9.95 for 200 not too bad but I'd rather try to get some felt sheet to cut my own.

Anyone know a UK source for 1/2" felt sheet. Obviously wool and not synthetic. I guess thats another tip. A lot of felt is synthetic, a type of plastic that melts and can stick to the barrel, only use natural or wool.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    At £9.95 for 200 not too bad but I'd rather try to get some felt sheet to cut my own.

Anyone know a UK source for 1/2" felt sheet. Obviously wool and not synthetic. I guess thats another tip. A lot of felt is synthetic, a type of plastic that melts and can stick to the barrel, only use natural or wool.
    Being a Yorkshire man, I cut them in half. That way I get 400 for £9.95.
    Robin

I would want them that thick. I tend to calculate cost per shot.

The wads work out at 5p each, with ball at 8p and cap at 4p and powder at 4p that works out at 23p a bang or £23 a hundred. My 357 reloads are £5 a 100.

I cast my own slugs and at the mo dont use a wad which takes me down to 8p a band, at that cost it is more fun.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane