Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sporting air rifle magazines

sporting air rifle magazines

I am after some of the above to complete my collection (some way to go). See posting in Wanted section.

Thanks, Mike.

rabbit22 Guest

mags

i have some of these some ware ill dig em out

C'mon Gents, this chap wants some copies of that fine* publication Sporting Air Rifle (and who can blame him) - surely someone has duplicate copies?.

*Not that I'm biased or anything, you understand.

redvan Guest
    Keep an eye on that well known auction site, I managed to build up an ALMOST complete set of this superior publication.

Quote Originally Posted by redvan View Post
    Keep an eye on that well known auction site, I managed to build up an ALMOST complete set of this superior publication.
    I may have been a little hasty in dismissing those who frequent the collector's section as 'anoraks' it turns out you're all highly discerning readers.

Used to buy good old S.A.R religiously twenty odd years ago when I was 14-16 years old. Just think I probably used to look up to/hero worship old BTDT. Was it S.A.R that used to give away a tin of pellets to the first 50 readers to write in ? I seem to remember getting some free Sabot's sent to me which made me well chuffed even though I couldn't hit bugger all with them

Personally I think SAR is a load of old tat that's barely worth the paper it's written on.

That said I would also like to buy a complete set if anyone has one for sale and I'll pay good money for it.

Sorry for the blatant hijack Mike.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by raging taxi View Post
    Used to buy good old S.A.R religiously twenty odd years ago when I was 14-16 years old. Just think I probably used to look up to/hero worship old BTDT. Was it S.A.R that used to give away a tin of pellets to the first 50 readers to write in ? I seem to remember getting some free Sabot's sent to me which made me well chuffed even though I couldn't hit bugger all with them
    I would never, ever have sent an SAR reader Sabot pellets

And less of the 'old' if you please.

Nice to hear from an old reader

Was it S.A.R that used to give away a tin of pellets to the first 50 readers to write in ?
    I seemed to remember winning a tin of polish!

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Sar

I somehow missed the first copy, but SAR was like a breath of fresh air compared to the other mag at the time.

It reminds me that I was having some work done to my '80 by the late (great) Gerald Cardew and on return of the cylinder tube he mentioned that he was going to be contributing to a "new" air gunning mag- "air gunner" very soon.

Not sure how far in advance of the launch I knew this info?

Dave

By the way Ian- I have now found that review of the RWS 45 out of the first copy of SAR. Not a bad review all told. Was it that chap's first attempt at a review? Hmm, what was his name now????

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Hmm, what was his name now????
    Lillyflower Moonchild !
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    I'd have got the competitions dept. to send you a tripe sandwich or some new clogs if I'd known it was you who'd won the booby prize.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    By the way Ian- I have now found that review of the RWS 45 out of the first copy of SAR. Not a bad review all told. Was it that chap's first attempt at a review? Hmm, what was his name now????

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Mike, who started this thread, is still looking for some copies of SAR.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    So did Dave Kingplinker..... and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    C'mon Gents, this chap wants some copies of that fine* publication Sporting Air Rifle (and who can blame him) - surely someone has duplicate copies?.

*Not that I'm biased or anything, you understand.
    Wouldn't it be nice if he and fellow collectors could find some of the old contributors to said magazine and get every single copy autographed.

<Walks away, hands in pockets, whistling>

Used to buy good old S.A.R religiously twenty odd years ago when I was 14-16 years old. Just think I probably used to look up to/hero worship old BTDT. Was it S.A.R that used to give away a tin of pellets to the first 50 readers to write in? I seem to remember getting some free Sabot's sent to me which made me well chuffed even though I couldn't hit bugger all with them
    Twos Airgunner you had to look for the little picture that was somewhere in the mag and write in.