I got a .36 Colt 1861 Sheriff by Pietta to go with my .44 Remi
very pleased with it.
Pietta's quality control now appears to be on par with Uberti.
I take it your Remi is normal size barrel, you could opt for the Sheriff varients 5.5" barrel they handle and feel just right.
On a good day I can get a tighter group with my Colt than my Rem that has target sights.
I also find that the Colt is easier to strip down i.e. no messing around with the main spring to get the hammer and hand out. Only draw back is knocking out the wedge on the barrel, however I find using a brass key and a small mallet is the answer.
DON'T LET THE WEDGE SYSTEM PUT YOU OFF A COLT (CLONE)!!!!!
B/P pistols seem to be going for silly prices - only the likes of us seem to want em, you should be able to pick up s/h something like my Colt (clone) for about £80 (likely less) from a dealer in first rate condition.
I got mine from a member of my club for £70 BOXED with flask, balls, Pyrodex, all kinds of expensive cleaning agents, wads, key and spare nipples - he had fired it 12 times x2 cylinders and decided it was not his scene. You should see his face when I wind my target back and he sees my groups This guy is an ex-pistol shooter and if he had persisted with it would I am sure got a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment out of it.
My experience with this pistol shows that it prefers Pyrodex P 18g by volume shoots almost POA. No compensation L&R SPOT ON...