Thread: JSR 3x9x40 ir adjustable PX (latest model)

JSR 3x9x40 ir adjustable PX (latest model)

JSR 3x9x40 IR PX

The scope itself is your standard fare 3x9x40 with a couple of exceptions.
    Those exceptions being the inclusion of flip covers, a decent sunshade and both red and green IR.
    Its fairly well made, with crisp optics, smooth focus, PX and zoom rings as well as a positive click stop rotary switch for the IR.

Brief technical specs are as follows:

1” tube
    40mm objective
    3-9 times zoom range
    Fast focus eye bell
    Locking and resetting turrets (finger adjustable)
    Adjustable parallax down to 5yrds
    Red and green illuminated mill dot reticule
    Sunshade, spare battery and flip covers supplied.

Weight approx 620grams/ 1.36lb
    Length 340mm (13.4”) without sunshade, 415mm (16.3”) with sunshade fitted.

The scope arrived in a nice solid box which to me is a plus point to start with as a well packed scope isn’t at such a great risk of damage in transit.
    On opening the box the well-wrapped tube was sitting there along with the flip covers, sunshade, lens cloth, spare battery, instructions and mill dot reference card.
    The sunshade provided isn’t a cheap plastic affair but what looks like a well-finished aluminium one. The two flip covers are both substantial and work well.

There are some nice touches on this scope for the money.
    The finger adjustable turrets make life easy, but adding the ability to both reset and lock them makes in the field adjustments easy without loosing a reference to your original zero.
    The relocation of the IR switch to the side of the scope helps keep things balanced and feels much more intuitive when adjusting the settings or turning it on and off.
    It offers 5 settings for both the red and green IR and 2 off positions.
    At the end of the PX adjustment ring is a nice machined bezel that you remove to fit the sunshade, this then screws into the end of the sunshade and finishes it off nicely, so there are no sharp edges to catch a finger on.
    The flip covers as said are substantial and work well, they have a very positive fit on both ends of the scope and the objective cover can even be fitted to the sunshade.

In use the adjustable PX is more than handy, its ability to focus down to as close as 5 yards makes it ideal for close range work as well, yet just as good further out.
    The illuminated reticule again works well with both the red and green but I doubt you will need more than the first 2 settings on each colour. There is some bleed over into the tube but then that’s very common with IR anyway.
    Zeroing the scope took less time than I thought and once installed on a set of sportsmatch mounts it was all done in fewer than 30 mins, and that by a total novice.
    The locking and resetting turrets I found a little confusing as you have to release the adjuster with the supplied Allen key to a certain mark, you can then rotate the turret back to 0 without affecting your zero, then just lock in position by tightening the Allen bolt. I’m sure it’s just a knack and I will get the hang of it once I have done it a couple of times.
    The reticule surprised me as once the eye bell focus is set to suit you its very sharp, in fact so sharp that when lamping even using a red filter I haven’t yet needed to turn on the IR.

I would say overall for the money I am pleased with this scope and it does offer something that’s hard to find on others, namely the PX adjusting down to such a close range.
    I would defiantly recommend it to anyone on a budget or someone looking for something for close range shooting.

The price I hear you ask? At present Ed (JS Ramsbottom) is selling them for £49.95 with free delivery.
    Last edited by magicaxeman; 29-05-2007 at 02:29 PM.
    Professional cripple,currently dis-armed

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    good reveiw,been looking at these for a while
    the resetting turrets are a good idea if they work

i just got 1 in Ed's sale for £27....best £27 i spent on a scope,had a problem getting zeroed with 2 piece mounts but sorted it out though

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_J View Post
    Good review mate. Any pics of this scope? Is the IR adjuster on the side like another turret sidewheel? I am interested in this one.

cheers

Andy
    yes it is on side near the turrets,i can do a few photo's.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...t=jsrscope.jpg

scope is fitted with sunshade and flip up covers
    Last edited by ikarma70; 30-05-2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: aded photo link

Glad it helped... Ed wheres me commision (jk)
    Professional cripple,currently dis-armed

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    is it the same as the 6x32 in quality.my 6x32 is pretty good but was strugling a little when in the shade,but i was still impressed for the price and more mag+ reseting turrets seem to good to be true.
    are there any other scopes better in this pice range