Thread: New Price: 1956 .177 Diana Mod.16 £35.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Talking New Price: 1956 .177 Diana Mod.16 £35.

Now SOLD to Good Guy Leadman. Thanks for looking

Please note this is possibly more of a collectors gun than a regular user (although does shoot very well).

Currently own two 1950s Diana Mod.16 .177 smooth bore rifles, and have just found a Mod.15 that I would like to ad to my collection, so am putting one up for sale here. The Mod.16 I am selling has a date stamp of 1956, and is in remarkably good condition for its age (especially as they were meant for juniors and as such, got trashed and thrashed).

It has the vast majoroity of its blueing intact, a virtually blemishless v-vgc stock, and all of the engraving (the Diana Huntress logo and Made in Gt.Britain) on the air chamber is crystal clear.

And before anyone pipes up, no this is not Baz's old one, as thats my keeper . Am now only asking £35 Plus Post for a quick sale for this little bit of British air gun history however (was originally asking £60 plus post), as the guy with the Mod.15 will only hold it another week.

If you are interested and would like some photos etc, please send me a photo request e-mail to charlie-woolven@fsmail.net and I will send photos by return reply. Please note that following a practical joke, this is the only way I will send rifle photos. ATB : Gareth.

Ps. please post here and/or p-m me if you e-mail for photos, as I seldom visit my e-addy un-prompted.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 31-05-2007 at 09:04 PM. Reason: SOLD.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Strewth! Why is it the sales of the cheaper rifles which always seem to take an age? Someone must want this lovely little 51 year old junior rifle, surely? This time last year they were changing hands in seconds for upwards of £60 ... Ahh well, I'll delete all the bumps above this so that this post can be close to the start to allow any viewer to see that I am also open to any trades or swaps with/for this rifle so what you got ? Now in BBS time honoured tradition, allow me to bump this thread back ttt for the umpteenth time. ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    hi gareth,

i know what you mean i've have been trying to sell a mint 1966 original/diana 25 junior airgun its a real cracker of a gun high quality and is very accurate much better than the cr@p junior stuff thats around today but i've had no interest and at one point i was only asking £35 posted i would have had the diana of you but i've got a few 15/16's myself' as for the original 25 i've made my mind up to keep it or give it to some club for kids etc

good luck with your sale,

Dave.
    Cheers Dave! Does it come with any pellets?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thank you for the bumps Dave and Ian (sounds like a turn at a working mans club that, doesn't it ), greatly appreciated . Will give it until the weekend to see what happens after which if still unsold, it gets wrapped up in oiled brown paper and put in the loft until the market improves. ATB all and back ttt you go: Gareth W-B.

Now SOLD to Good Guy Leadman. Thanks for looking: Gareth W-B.