Thread: Bushnell Elite series 1500y laser rangefinder

Post Bushnell Elite series 1500y laser rangefinder

This Bushnell Elite series 1500y laser rangefinder was purchased against stiff competition from the Nikon Monarch 800 and the Leupold RX3. I bought it over them because:
    it was 7x mag, which is about right (6 too little and 8 too much IME)
    it has Bushnell Elite-standard optics, Rainguard too, and i felt it was likely to be sharp and contrasty like the Elite scopes
    It has a twist up, locking, long eye relief eyepiece - no point having great optics if your eye relief is all over the shop as you try to hold the things steady without anything to lean your eye into....
    They are quite chunky so easy to grip, and horizontally laid out, not vertically - which i thought would make them easier to steady.

Wellllll.....I was right on all fronts!

All the above factors were spot on: they are very high quality, optically, up there with a decent scope, ie bright, sharp, contrasty, sharp edge to edge and no milkiness....i'm delighted
    The are easy to steady, the eyepiece simply could not be better designed.

So onto rangefinding:
    You press the button and up it comes. Simple. You have a setting for "measure the foreground item please, not the distant background" and one for "measure the background please, not the twigs in the foreground" and one for constant scan wherever you point. That's it - no gimmicks, just point and go.
    NOW, most importantly, i can tell you that it will range THROUGH the jeep window, so i don't have to get out , in heavy rain measuring everything with instant ease. I'm very very impressed. A tree branch swaying in the wind at two hundred yards through the car window? Ping, done...it's very good.

I measured some distant sheep today at 800yards too - you can't say fairer than that really

Fully armoured, waterproof etc, in a very smart leather carrying case - proper top of the range item through and through, IMO

Oh, there is an ARC model but i didn't opt for that as it was quite a bit more and i don't need elevation settings; i just want to press the button and the range pop up If you are a highland stalker and may be shooting down in to valleys and need to know what effect the angle will have on your holdover; then pay the extra for the ARC model.

Hope this helps, ATB Richard Utting
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

Nice review and thanks for sharing. How much was it?
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune