Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AGS swat 3+12+44

AGS swat 3+12+44

I have just purchased a AGS swat 3+12+44, it is excellent quality, its very clear, definately reccomend this to anyone who is interested in buying one. All i need to do now is save up for my Digital nightvision. Then let the good times begin!!!

this scope does work well with the n/v add ons but the bigger brother works better. 4-16x56.

ags 3-12/44*swat 30mm tube.

i got the 3-12 by 44 swat,about two years ago now.and its on for its second springer,at first i was a bit wary as the zoom/magnification seemed a mile out, the scope was fine but like i said i noticed something odd, i look around my shoot with either a spotting scope , or binos which are ten times, then using the rifle scope on ten times noticed the mag was greater than my binos, so zooming out with the scope until it matched the image in the binos ,i got the scope to six times before i got a match,so the scope gives a real mag of 5-16/plus this is,nt a problem and can only make the parallax more sensitive, so its no bad thing,for range finding,another thing to remember is to set the paralax for every different range you shoot at,even if its a difference of five meters because the parralax works that well you can be a fair bit out by not adjusting the side wheel. i missed lots of shots until i started using the side wheel, i used to leave it set on fifty yards, big mistake, theres two inches movement either side of the cross hair, vertical and horizontal at 30 yards

Quote Originally Posted by joekid View Post
    i got the 3-12 by 44 swat,about two years ago now.and its on for its second springer,at first i was a bit wary as the zoom/magnification seemed a mile out, the scope was fine but like i said i noticed something odd, i look around my shoot with either a spotting scope , or binos which are ten times, then using the rifle scope on ten times noticed the mag was greater than my binos, so zooming out with the scope until it matched the image in the binos ,i got the scope to six times before i got a match,so the scope gives a real mag of 5-16/plus this is,nt a problem and can only make the parallax more sensitive, so its no bad thing,for range finding,another thing to remember is to set the paralax for every different range you shoot at,even if its a difference of five meters because the parralax works that well you can be a fair bit out by not adjusting the side wheel. i missed lots of shots until i started using the side wheel, i used to leave it set on fifty yards, big mistake, theres two inches movement either side of the cross hair, vertical and horizontal at 30 yards

How can you tell when it matched the image on your Binos? I think you may be confusing mag with Field of view ?

But he is right that the 3-12x44 is really 4-16 or there abouts.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    But he is right that the 3-12x44 is really 4-16 or there abouts.

Jonathan
    i would agree with that my leapers is basicly same scope
    and ive come to the same conclusion
    as above.

Ian
    theres another one for the pot !

It was common knowledge here when the scope was first released.

Jonathan

3-12/44

no its definatly not field of view, ive been messing with optical devices for over 20 years,and use a measuring device at a set distance,where ,the magnified image will fit inside a given measured gap, but you have to have both eyes open to see / kind of like a red dot sight,, where the other eye helps superimpose the chart,its very accurate,// anyhow il see how my scope fares on my new hw 97.all the best chaps.

GT01 Guest
    Is This One The Compact? I Am Considering One For My Tx200, So As Not To Obstruct The Loading Port.

Gareth

tx200 gap un neccesary

my scope is on a 97, my buddy has one on his tx and his finger and thumb fit in the slot ok, ive had no probs loading the 97 even with the lens shade even without it the scope goes all the way over the port/ and its a slimmer loading port than the tx,s

The mag readings are out on my 4-16 swat as well, 8 mag is more like 10 when comparing to a fixed mag scope. Not conclusive as that could be wrong also.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

westbrom Guest
    tried mounting the swat version on the rapid......due to the short body on the scope you have v little front to back adjustment giving you a. a very big problem with eye relief on standard mounts you really need set backs to mount properly. Probably not an issue on other guns...thought the image was a bit fish eyed to me as well....

Quote Originally Posted by westbrom View Post
    tried mounting the swat version on the rapid......due to the short body on the scope you have v little front to back adjustment giving you a. a very big problem with eye relief on standard mounts you really need set backs to mount properly. Probably not an issue on other guns...thought the image was a bit fish eyed to me as well....
    You MUST be talking about the Compact version.
    To be good, one must do good.

I`ve got the 4-16x56, great optics, turn the mag down to 4 and with half a moon out you can still see pretty clearly. Over all its a great scope except for the mill dots which are so big, to be able to use them at 200 yds you have to only use 5 mag.
    Sako Riihmakki 222 ,cz 452 22 Blaser R93 6.5x55

Mick C Guest
    I have the compact one on my new gun, but only used it at the gun club. But that will change tonight