Thread: A Recent 'Find' in the local Gun Shop

A Recent 'Find' in the local Gun Shop

Hi All,

Just thought I would post a picci of my latest addition to the collection. Found in a local gunshop, this addition came about after a chance conversation about a gun found "In the back of my fathers old cupboard"
    It ended up being a very nice boxed Webley Jaguar with all shooting accessories as part of a Webley shooting kit.
    I have both a Ranger and the earlier Webley Junior, but a good Jaguar has never come my way until now.
    The price was very good so needless to say I didn't let this one get away

Thats collecting for you..... You never know when something good is going to come along - Out of the Blue

Hope you like the picture

The Rifle even came with an Early BSA Mk2 Scope from the 60's. This is the one with the external adjustment on the mounting not on the scope tube itself. State of the art in 1962(ish) when it came out.
    Looks like a cheap toy now...... But nevertheless a part of British Airgun History.....

ATB

Lakey

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

Nice find,box and everything!

That looks mint! You lucky git.

PS: Someone could use your expertise a few threads down.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    That looks mint! You lucky git.

PS: Someone could use your expertise a few threads down.
    Have already replied to that one...... Yet another owner of an early BSA underlever. Lucky Man

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Andrew my friend, TOP Draw matey, TOP DRAW . I recently un-earthed a similar BSA Meteor MkIV set up (scope and all) myself, and am currently sniffing around a .... shhh now that would be telling (but if it all comes together you'll all know soon enough as hopefully I will have mastered digital photography by then ). ATB all: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    What an excellent find!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Cracking find buddy. Can't be many kits like that still intact. Most would have had eager young owners shooting the box full of holes, losing the accessories and leaving sticky finger marks all over the nice blueing.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Excellent find. Well done.

I just wonder why I'm never that lucky.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I remember there being one of these in the Hamley's catalog in about 1972. I fancied it although it wasn't anywhere near as good as my Dad's BSA Meteor. That was the magic of catalogs I guess....

Don't suppose Hamley's of Regent Street carry airguns any more!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Like my friend Gareth says "Top Drawer". It is amazing the way things like this come along from the most unexpected sources.
    I had the conversation with a bloke stood in our local gun shop and only when I had gone did the bloke say to the owner that he wanted to bring the gun in.He didn't realise it was worth anything. The shop owner knew I wanted it so he offered to take the gun in and "punt it around to a few blokes he knew
    Well the next day the bloke brought it around, and the gun shop owner got straight on the phone to me saying "Your Jaguar has just been delivered"

It always pays to stay in with the local gun shop

What I guess must have happened is the gun got given to little jimmy, but wise mum and dad must have put the box and the outer sleeve up in the loft together with all the accessories. Thank god they did .

Happy Days

lakey

YOU LUCKY CHAP!