Thread: Trash or Treasure

Trash or Treasure

Gentleman. Surfing a local auction site I came across an auction about to close and on impulse put in a bid.
    Turns out I have just purchased a Norica Commando .177 air rifle. Cost me 20 quid.
    Research after would indicate that I might have bought a pile of crap that has no shooting or collectors value. Is this true? I have yet to receive it.
    When were they made and are they as poor as some would indicate?
    Be gentle with me. I am an impulsive character.
    Barry

Talking

Well, you've got a working air rifle for 20 quid, good for you. It may twang like Hank Marvin's guitar, but, it don't matter. Take it out and have fun with it. As long as your expectations are not too high they are good.

Thanks Phil. At one time I owned every recording the Shadows ever made so I may enjoy the "twang".
    I'm thinking that I may have puchased an air pistol with a sliding butt. Any idea when they were made or what the M.V. should be ?
    Barry

IIRC the Norica range of rifles were made in Spain.

If it shoots, its safe and you have fun with it it must be 'treasure'.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Ian. I can find out very little about them on the net. I make a point of researching all the firearms and air guns that I own. I like to know about the guns I have.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by barryeye View Post
    I'm thinking that I may have puchased an air pistol with a sliding butt. ?
    Yup .... http://www.plinker.airgun.ru/images/nor-cmnd.gif

Spanish made, expect 6-7 ft/lbs.

I wouldn't mind getting hold of one of these. Purely for nostalga reasons.
    When I was young I liked them because they looked different & slightly military looking. I recently got myself an Crosman A.I.R 17 for the same reasons & I was more than impressed with that one. Hope you will be with your Norica.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

barry

you really go wrong for £20, last week i bought a cometa v, funnily enough for £20, it shot ok and even had a nikko 4x20 scope on top (allbeit cream crackered), it cleaned up a treat, i let a mate at work have it for his grandson for what i paid for it

john

Thank you all. As has been said. For 20 quid (no pound key on my keyboard) you can't go wrong. I have a four year old grandson who may just love it one day.
    Barry

Stork Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by barryeye View Post
    Thank you all. As has been said. For 20 quid (no pound key on my keyboard) you can't go wrong. I have a four year old grandson who may just love it one day.
    Barry
    Hi Barry,Why do you not have £ keys on your confuser?
    We have got $ keys on ours!!!
    Welcome from our side of the world...visited NZ 9 years ago,beautiful country,both North and South Islands.Its been said many times that NZ looks like the UK did 30 - 40 years ago,but there again you know that, as you used to live here (but got out while the going was good)on a £10 assisted passage!
    Hope you have "fun with yer gun"you cannot be wrong at that price. Here are a few of those elusive £ signs to cut and paste,you may need em sooner than you think!...Dave. ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££