Thread: Webley Junior Pistol Prices Please.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Red face Webley Junior Pistol Prices Please.

Now all sorted (for the time being ) thanks to Good Guy Pat (see post # 13 below)

Having recently been hooked by the idea of putting together a modest collection of Webley Pistols to complement my not inconsiderable rifle collection (thirty strong and rising) and having made a good start with a couple of tidy post-war .177 Seniors and a belter of a MkII Premier courtesy of mrjasonryan and Pat.. respectively (cheers chaps ) and with the potential of a .177 Tempest on the horizon am now interested in a .177 Junior. Therefore, in all seriousness, what sort of price plus post should I expect to pay for a good to very good condition variant of a Junior?

Recently I tried to bid for a vgc mint boxed one but had to stand back when the owner informed me that if it came up for sale a few big boys with fatter wallets than mine had already stepped up, but as not particularly bothered about it being boxed, how much should I be looking at for a .177 example of each of the following Junior variants please? Only want one at this stage, so condition for my first Junior is more important to me than rarity, but pre-informed is pre-armed.

Junior Wood Grip
    Junior Tin Grip
    Junior Bakelite Grip - several variants
    Junior Mk.2 Plastic Grip

Rough dates of manufacture for the aforementioned Junior types would also be good here if at all possible please, but I will be grateful for all/any information received. Thanking you all in anticipation of the right pointers : Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 15-06-2007 at 07:59 PM. Reason: now sorted thanks to Pat..

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Webleys

I went to the Arms Fair at the BM Museum on Sunday and saw at least 10 Juniors for sale
    Prices for unboxed in fair condition were £50 - £60. I bought one of these which cocked fine but on trying it, but at home I found it would not shoot. Unfortunately the piston head had snapped off and was stuck at bottom of cylinder. It was fixed by 9pm Sunday so I am still pleased with it.

There was a prewar one with tin grips that was in fair condition for £50

Examples in good to very good condition were priced at £65 - £85 max
    A boxed one in excellent condition that I was going to buy was £120 which I thought was very good value for money. I had gone to the show with the intention of buying a boxed one at that sort of price or possibly paying a bit more.

The reason I did not buy it, was because as I was talking to the owner I noticed a mint, boxed LP3 Match which was a bigger bargain. So in yet another moment of weakness I bought that instead.

Some old Juniors take on a bronze colour to the frame casting that is probably due to small amounts of other metals in the cast. This can make these old pistols look very attractive

I know a gentleman who had a number of Juniors for sale
    He also has many other Webleys for sale at fair prices. I have just bought 3 guns off him and these should arrive next week
    Are you interested in his details (not on BBS)
    John
    hold me back !!

the bronze colour is that rust

Cheers pennineway.fswo, once again a wealth of top information (YHPM ), and hi again nice one, rust? Nah, that'll be the re-cycled Celtic gold they were secretly made from shining through in memory of a once great British Brum gun maker (R.I.P. ). Ha ha, any more info please? Dates? All info greatly recieved . ATB all and please, please, please keep it coming : Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 14-06-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: to delete an irrelevant comment.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Junior

Hi there...don't really know much about these pistols but I have been told that my early extended grip fixed rearsight model is worth around £80...maybe more.

What I don't know is the model of this pistol...i.e mark I...etc
    Watching this thread with interest..gino
    Webley Senior .22 Boxed batch no 007
    Webley Junior .177 extended grip fixed rearsight model
    Bsa Airsporter Mark IV 1969-71 no GI 14283
    Webley Victor

Quote Originally Posted by gino View Post
    Hi there...don't really know much about these pistols but I have been told that my early extended grip fixed rearsight model is worth around £80...maybe more. What I don't know is the model of this pistol ... ie mark I .. .etc. Watching this thread with interest.
    ... Hi gino, very nice pistol you have there my friend. Yep lets learn about these together on this thread, eh ? ... and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat.. View Post
    When you see the premier I have some bad news......I have a Junior mkII in similar minty condition...
    Hmm, and the chances of you selling it are? Ha ha ! If the Junior deal I am currently working on behind the scenes (shhhh ) doesn't come off, and there is a chance that you may sell, please let me know as it would be rude for us not to conduct a fourth gun deal together don't you think . Cheers: Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 14-06-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: to delete an irrelevant comment.

Juniors

Gareth, you have e-mail
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Gareth, you have e-mail
    John
    ... Thanks John, e-mail acted on and message sent (thank you ): Gareth.

Rust

there be rust , then there be PATINA .
    Patina of age is something that makes an old Webley pistol much much more attractive ( imo )
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Good Guy Pat has today managed to provide me with a first class .177 Junior at a fair and fine price ... Said Junior is now winging its way to me hot on the heels of the pristine Premier he provided me with last week and (concluding negotiations premitting ) may itself soon be followed by a MkI in .177 (cheers Pat, all your help and efforts really are appreciated ): Gareth W-B.

My mint Junior from Good Guy Pat.. arrived today in the same post as my mint Tempest from watchsapost (Paul) , and I kid you not, both pistols are in superb "As New" condition. Have already posted a thank you to Paul on his Tempest thread, but felt I just had to ad another thank you here aimed at Pat for yet another superb quality deal (cheers mate ). ATB: Gareth W-B.