Thread: Great Forum!

Thumbs up Great Forum!

Hi Lad's,
    I've been lurking here for a couple of days just going through all the posts,and I think I've died and gone to Heaven! First of all,I'm a Canadian(Originally from Newfoundland,but living in Ontario) who has a great fondness for British workmanship.I Drive a Land Rover,ride a Triumph and recently acquired a Webley Senior and Junior at a local Gun Show.The Air Gun forums here in North America mainly focus on later production pistols and Rifles with very little mention of the vintage Webley line.I was blown away when I followed a link and saw some pictures of Troubleshooter's collection of Webley Pistols,and later traced it back to this site!I've learned a lot just reading previous posts and look forward to learning more in the future.Great forum Lad's!..I really enjoy it!
    Newfoundlandrover
    Britain's Lost Son
    Don't Find Blame,Find A Solution.
    Henry Ford.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Hello,
    glad you like the place, welcome aboard.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Be in Brockville in a weeks time.

Sorry cannot fetch my pistols or Land Rover over.

But will fish and shoot a few clays. john.
    snarepeg.

Welcome aboard. Great first post !

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Good morning nfld Rover (or good evening judging by the time difference ), and welcome to the Collectors Corner section of the BBS. Yep, good on here isn't it? Be warned however, as collecting air guns such as this site is dedicated to is addictive and once under your skin, will keep you skint ... It will also turn you in to a totter (junk and jumble sifter), and see you rummaging around in house clearance auction lots far too frequently to be healthy . Ha ha! I.J. (Ian) did try to warn me a few years back before I passed the point of no return though, but I didn't listen, so here I am three years on beyond hope with what imho is a fine collection of rifles (30), and an embryonic Webley pistol collection which I know will grow . ATB and welcome aboard: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Lad's,
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm pretty proud of these two Webley's and look forward to acquiring several more in the future.I do have a question however,Are the newer Webley's made to the same standard as the vintage models? I've been thinking about purchasing a Tempest to use as a plinker.Can I expect to find the same quality in a Tempest?,or are they made up of lesser quality components? I own several Air Rifles and Pistols,but it would be nice to have another Webley to use as a shooter.
    Don't Find Blame,Find A Solution.
    Henry Ford.

The Tempests, Hurricanes and (original overlever style) Typhoons are pretty good, but in my opinion not quite as good as the all-steel Premiers, seniors etc. They have steel in all the right places, and shoot very well (my Tempest is the pistol I shoot most often) but the all-steel Webleys have the edge, for me anyway. Steer clear of the 'new' Webleys like the new Typhoon (break barrel pistol) as they are not true Webleys, and I have yet to hear a positive word spoken about them. They're not made in the UK and are not a patch on genuine Birmingham-made Webleys.

A Tempest is a fine classic air pistol and will last a lifetime if looked after and lubricated properly, but the all-steel models are even better!

Nice to hear from you by the way! Hope you like it here.

Completely agree with the above. I think I enjoy shooting my Tempest more than any other air pistol.

For god's sake do not buy a new (ie in production right now) "webley". They are made in Turkey by a company that bought the trademark and bear about as much resemblance to a real Webley as my granny did to Beyonce Knowles (sorry gran.)