Thread: bsa firebird express

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Question bsa firebird express

any one know much about this gun? does anyone own one,any pics? thanks

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Firebird = Phoenix. Strongly suspect it was named as such as there is only one of them! I am joking, but as I said before they are like rocking horse plop.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

BSA PCP based onb the Spitfire principle - but short underlever to cock - I hade a standard Firebird in .177 that Draftsmann had off me.

The express was an interchangeable barrel version - .177 and .22 - swapping at the turn of a hex key - interestingly they altered the barrel length between .177 and .22 (shorter) to keep the power roughly the same in either calibre - and the .22 barrel I think came with a volumetric silencer.

And yes they probably are collectable IMHO - but only a few years out of production so still new

HTH Stu
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    There was a brand new one in Bamfords near to me a few months ago.
    £200!!!!!
    He had a few old BSA's for sale but they was new if you know what I mean.
    He must have got a job lot.
    Master Debater

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I bought a 'new' Firebird for £300 with scope and large silencer a while ago, but it had been sitting around for a long time and had to send it back to BSA as it was very inconsistent. They fixed it for nothing. I think the design is great but I haven't been able to test it properly yet, wish I had been able to get a .177 but John Bowkett can convert it for £35 so I will see how it goes. Got a Hammerli Model 3 which has a very nice barrel on it in .177 as a possible donor.

The rifle feels very solid and tough and hasn't got that hollow feeling that alot of PCPs have. I'd love a Firebird Express but I suppose not many were made. The trigger is no up to Rekord standards but I think it is a rather overlooked model, probably because it looks like a cheapish spring rifle. Which it ain't.