When I bought my carbine, the factory thumbhole was still on the drawing board and as with several makes of rimfires, they feel a bit small after using full size air rifles. So as you do, I chucked a bit more money at it and invested a custom stock from Mr Cane.
The stock is made of beech laminate stain nearly black, but with detail showing through. Can't fault it in anyway except the twopack acrylic finish is prone to the odd chip and not easily refinished. Doing it again I would have requested an oil finish.
Accuracy from mine varied from 1/2 to 3/4" at 50yds when new. I'm now getting more 1/2" er's, but the occasional flyer has ruined many groups. I put it down to the mutt behind the butt mostly.
Best ammo is currently Lapua hp with eley hp close behind.
The rifle used to group very well with Tennex, but in the last test session it was spraying them. Perhaps a clean is in order.
Another thing that irritates is the non extraction of live rounds once seated. The chamber has always been tight, so I don't think that its due to clagg, just the inability of the extractor.
If I was to throw more money at it, I would go for a heavier barrel, or heavier silencer to stop the tad of muzzle flip.
The only rifle I would swap it for would be the Sako Varmint or a 1700HB, but then I would loose on the weight front as the 1417 is just the job when you want to take out two rifles and put one over your shoulder. Horses for courses.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00366577f00000009.jpg