I also owned a 1417 (thumbhole stock) and would agree with the comments made by Hare's Ear. There are a few points I would add:
1.The ten shot magazine supplied with the rifle would often jam. I more often relied on the five shot version which never caused problems. The ten shot magazine that I had from another Anschutz did not have this problem.I have heard of other 10 shot magazines jamming, maybe there is a quick fix?
2.The bolt clicked twice on opening, but was reasonably quiet when operated very slowly. I doubt that it was loud enough at worst to spook anything. The most irritating feature of the bolt was the inability to lock it down. When carrying the rifle by the sling the bolt would inevitably pop open to the first detent and it always had to be checked before taking aim.
3.When an Anschutz is purchased the first thought is accuracy potential. Here I was disappointed, when compared to other Anschutz .22LR rifles I have fired. At 55yd it could group 0.5", but more often much larger and rarely smaller. This level of accuracy is perfectly adequate for the intended purpose of this style of rifle, but a 1710 it is not. On one occasion I fired a Rapid 17 (21ftlb/Premier 10.5gr)side by side with the 1417 and the Rapid grouped tighter at 55yd. At longer range (115yd) the best group was 0.9", but more often greater than 1.5" using Lapua Master ammunition. I sold the 1417 to buy a 1710 HB - this rifle will regularly shoot inside one inch at 115yd with Eley HVHP and Subsonic ammunition, but with different trajectories.

Regards

Titan